• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Sorry I can only relate to my experiences. The only part of this I have been taught is to honor anyone who dies trying to protect the lives of others.
You still haven't answered my question. Is what Sarandon said about likening it to a fascist remark at all appropriate?

Yes. I explained why it was appropriate. Why else would hundreds (maybe thousands) of police not do their job and march through the streets if not to show power?

You've been taught to honor military and para-military agents of the state. Would you "honor" someone who died in a protest against police violence or someone who died confronting police who were killing someone else? Probably not.

Of course not. The police in America really aren’t that good at policing. I mean when I need an unarmed person shot I guess I’ll call them. Other than that they just hassle people, they never find your stolen bike or stereo, they don’t prevent crime by neighborhood policing any more, they just respond after the crime has occurred and beat on poor people and hold them in contempt, and coddle old white people. I’m sure there are some good people on police forces and slot of these problems are not their fault, but let’s stop falling all over the floor and groveling at their feet. The fallen officer and his family deserve our support and empathy and I hope his wife snd kids are compensated financially for their loss.

Perhaps if police would get behind gun restrictions and some buy-back programs that are successful in other countries, as well as get behind other societal reforms that mdmh and other progressives champion like healthcare and education and jobs training, then fewer would get shot on the job. Poverty and hopelessness breeds crime, yet you old conservatives keep cramming your old timey ideas at a new world and then blame the poor for being poor. Wise up

Going to mention again that policing is not a top 20 dangerous job in America.

Susan Sarandon is kinda like my Donald Trump; I don’t always agree with her, but she pisses off and offends all the same people I don’t like, and I would absolutely vote for her even though she has no political experience.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Unlike Donald Trump, Susan Sarandon would have absolutely no shot at any major political office because shit posting demsocs are far less popular than rich fascists.

Yes. I explained why it was appropriate. Why else would hundreds (maybe thousands) of police not do their job and march through the streets if not to show power?

You've been taught to honor military and para-military agents of the state. Would you "honor" someone who died in a protest against police violence or someone who died confronting police who were killing someone else? Probably not.

To mourn the assassination of one of their own. If that's okay with your Royal Highnesses.

And that is about as fucked up as it gets.
The world sucks PH. As unfair as it gets. We all need to do whatever we can to improve it.
But to criticize anyone "honoring" their fellow work mates for their sacrifice, protecting and dying for the public good is about as cynical as it gets.
Fascist mob. Give me a f'in break.
Does your anger have any boundary, PH?

Last edited:
It's impressive with how out of touch some of you are with mainstream America when it comes to discussing cops.

And that is about as fucked up as it gets.
The world sucks PH. As unfair as it gets. We all need to do whatever we can to improve it.
But to criticize anyone "honoring" their fellow work mates for their sacrifice, protecting and dying for the public good is about as cynical as it gets.
Fascist mob. Give me a f'in break.

Does your anger have any boundary, PH?

Great. Now we're into some "angry Black man" nonsense. You've also been taught that Black anger is illegitimate while white anger is righteous and justified even if it results in violence.

WakeandBake did a good job outlining why police worship is misplaced. They don't do nearly as much as you think they do to serve the public good.

If a Black male between 5-10 and 6-2 tall and 180-250 pound stole something from you, it's far less likely you'll get that item back than police will just hassle, harass, and harm a bunch of Black guys who "fit the description."

And good luck getting them to process a rape kit.

It's impressive with how out of touch some of you are with mainstream America when it comes to discussing cops.

What a weird post. People are critical of policing because they know how much misplaced love mainstream America has for cops.

the idea of decriminalizing drug use and ending the war on drugs I probably would have agreed with at some point, but man.... listen to enough soft white underbelly interviews and it's hard not to think the solution of being just forced detoxes for months on end. As someone who battled nicotene addiction for 20 years, I couldn't imagine ever getting through a fentanyl addiction.

This is SEGA bootlicking nonsense.

“McCain is no hero - I like people who weren’t shot down.”

~leader of the current GOP

Once again lecturing me on what I’ve been taught and not taught. I realize it’s a nature of your occupation but it truly is annoying as hell.
You have no idea on how and where I was raised and my experiences as I have no idea of your own.
This was not an effort to label you or anyone who shares your views but to comment how insensitive you sound on the passing of two lives and those who mourn and recognize their sacrifice.

Once again lecturing me on what I’ve been taught and not taught. I realize it’s a nature of your occupation but it truly is annoying as hell.
You have no idea on how and where I was raised and my experiences as I have no idea of your own.
This was not an effort to label you or anyone who shares your views but to comment how insensitive you sound on the passing of two lives and those who mourn and recognize their sacrifice.

“Those who mourn” please stop bullshitting about 10 thousand cops at a funeral. It’s political and performative. Countless public servants die every year in the course of their jobs, many jobs much more dangerous than policing. Half the country is gripped in an ice storm right now, and workers will surely be killed in their jobs responding to it - ambulance drivers, fire fighters, electrical workers. How many of them will have such “funerals”? None. Because they are just people doing their jobs, not members of a political cult that refuse to be held legally accountable.

Well said. We aren’t talking about a funeral service of family and friends at a local church.

We have plenty of evidence showing that NYC Police believe themselves to be an occupying force
680fc5cb7fac0560ed0f63a0f2a4a76f.jpg

9a2946734360d2a2a4029c6e9057d755.jpg

cac62a2b715cd3a5b038a4da16d24d9a.jpg

Back