• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I, for one, feel more scared by those images that served and protected.

Of course not. The police in America really aren’t that good at policing. I mean when I need an unarmed person shot I guess I’ll call them. Other than that they just hassle people, they never find your stolen bike or stereo, they don’t prevent crime by neighborhood policing any more, they just respond after the crime has occurred and beat on poor people and hold them in contempt, and coddle old white people. I’m sure there are some good people on police forces and slot of these problems are not their fault, but let’s stop falling all over the floor and groveling at their feet. The fallen officer and his family deserve our support and empathy and I hope his wife snd kids are compensated financially for their loss.

Perhaps if police would get behind gun restrictions and some buy-back programs that are successful in other countries, as well as get behind other societal reforms that mdmh and other progressives champion like healthcare and education and jobs training, then fewer would get shot on the job. Poverty and hopelessness breeds crime, yet you old conservatives keep cramming your old timey ideas at a new world and then blame the poor for being poor. Wise up

Pretty much.

My retired army father once lamented the world my son was going to grow up in because he was white and affirmative action was going to mean he could not get into a good college or get a job. I told him not to worry he would be fine since he's a blonde white dude. I also said he should be more concerned about is 6'4 mixed race grandson that might "scare" someone at night or be pulled over for speeding and be murdered for it. He's not racist. Not on purpose. He's done the right thing so many times for everyone I can't count. But he didn't realize that his grandson, despite birth privilege, lived in different world than he understood.

It’s ridiculous that the stock market tumbles because investors wanted a shitty jobs report to slow the fed from rising interest rates. Just another example how it’s completely disconnected from the actual economy that most people rely on to live.

My retired army father once lamented the world my son was going to grow up in because he was white and affirmative action was going to mean he could not get into a good college or get a job. I told him not to worry he would be fine since he's a blonde white dude. I also said he should be more concerned about is 6'4 mixed race grandson that might "scare" someone at night or be pulled over for speeding and be murdered for it. He's not racist. Not on purpose. He's done the right thing so many times for everyone I can't count. But he didn't realize that his grandson, despite birth privilege, lived in different world than he understood.

Why hasn't your wise son (under the age of 10, right?) sat his grandfather down with a copy of 'White Fragility' by Robin DiAngelo and calmly explained to him the concept of intersectionality and that white people do not exist outside the system of white supremacy?

Why hasn't your wise son (under the age of 10, right?) sat his grandfather down with a copy of 'White Fragility' by Robin DiAngelo and calmly explained to him the concept of intersectionality and that white people do not exist outside the system of white supremacy?

Fuck you talking shit about a poster's child. Again. The last one showed your racism.

This aged well, only took like 30 minutes.

The next tweet is telling. “2/3 dissatisfied with economy.” Well yeah. The fundamental economy sucks fix most people regardless of unemployment rates and job reports. What changes is many Republicans who live shitty lives will believe the economy is doing well when the Republican Party machine tells them the economy is doing well.

For example bragging about record stock market gains and the people that gloat about it having no money in said market.

Ranciére vs Habermas

Screenshot_20220204-122735_kindlephoto-38593412.png

From your post to God's ears, Pop. I wish I was as confident.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...censure.html&usg=AOvVaw00OTjP6myFxW3_reQB3xMf

Its official, the White House will remain in Dems hands in 2024 no matter who they nominate.
I believe this will also keep the Senate in Dem control in 2022.
Sad, what these bastards did to a once, proud Party, long ago.
Why so many of us former Pubs will never vote for any of their asses again.

I have to disagree with you. I don’t think the Jan 6 discourse is going to change the outcome of the midterms or the next presidential election. Republicans are going to turn out to retake the White House and senate, what is going to drive Democratic turnout?

I have to disagree with you. I don’t think the Jan 6 discourse is going to change the outcome of the midterms or the next presidential election. Republicans are going to turn out to retake the White House and senate, what is going to drive Democratic turnout?

I mean, Trump's nomination?

Back