• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

I can't think of any circumstances under which I would have taken my kids to a drag queen storytime.

I can't think of any circumstances under which I would have taken my kids to a drag queen storytime.

IMO the benefit of such an event is providing your children a positive experience of seeing gender norms broken. Do you believe that experience is worthwhile for children, is there a different venue for that you would prefer? Or would you just rather your children not see or learn about drag queens?

I think it's fine learning about it in the normal course of life rather than shoving my 4-year-old in front of some dude in a wig, a dress, and six pounds of makeup and making them sit there with a bunch of other uncomfortable kids whose freakazoid parents think that such activities are worthwhile.

I think it's fine learning about it in the normal course of life rather than shoving my 4-year-old in front of some dude in a wig, a dress, and six pounds of makeup and making them sit there with a bunch of other uncomfortable kids whose freakazoid parents think that such activities are worthwhile.

but that is the normal course of life. seeing a drag queen reading a book in a library at story time

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

I think it's fine learning about it in the normal course of life rather than shoving them in front of some dude in a wig, a dress, and six pounds of makeup and making them sit there with a bunch of other uncomfortable kids whose freakazoid parents think that such activities are worthwhile.

Do you honestly believe that people “learn” about those possibilities in the normal course of life? I would say that many people don’t have those experiences until later in life after they have already established biases. Honestly you seem to be such a person, where it would have been better for you to have a broader set of experiences before you became a closed minded adult.

Last edited:
do you think it would better to learn about drag queens from an actual human, reading a book and talking or having them watch a tv show like Ru Paul's Drag Race

Yes I do.

I would have to disagree with you simply based on the amount of 30 something parents in this country paranoid about their children been “groomed” by gay school teachers or being “shamed” for being white.

do you think it would better to learn about drag queens from an actual human, reading a book and talking or having them watch a tv show like Ru Paul's Drag Race

Why do I have to make a binary choice ? Seems exclusionary.

So the founding fathers? Or was it cool then because they owned humans?

If you want to take your kids to that shit, go right ahead.

Returning to my question - I don’t understand why that specific group of people receives such an outsize portion of focus within the LGBTQ movement.

Back