• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

so, as a committed fan of context (and a fan of incrementalist policy development), do you understand how this is/could be the first domino to fall to significantly limit the scope of debt cancellation in other institutional contexts?

again - Debt Collective has done some great policy analysis on this, but nobody on here appears to be interested in learning the specifics of that because it contradicts Dear Leader
Genuinely asking for a link - I can’t find anything on the Debt Collective website.

It's amazing you can be so obnoxious and pretentious while calling people out on their "privilege". I knew immediately that the tweet you posted was bullshit, and that I could spend 5 minutes and pick it apart completely, but your all-knowing ass was completely hook line and sinkered by it. And to post that and then tell me to educate myself on the topic by reading more from the group that put out the dumb tweet -- yes, please sign me up! It's like posting a tweet about how ivermectin cures COVID and then telling me to educate myself by listening to Rogan.

I post facts and context related to the tweet, and your response is that I just tow the line for Dear Leader. Zero thought by you to what you constantly tow the line for. You think you're not a line-tower? Give us all a break please.

I'm gonna try and be nice, even though you really do not deserve any grace.

Your facts and context were specific to the legislation rather than the "policy creep" that it represented, which is why it drew the ire of critics on the Internet. As with most Twitter posts, they are not always expressed in the most coherent and parsimonious ways. Instead of immediately disregarding the underlying sentiment, you might have considered why this seemingly benign policy is being considered the first domino from folks who work in the area of debt cancellation policy.

Genuinely asking for a link - I can’t find anything on the Debt Collective website.

Oh sorry - I didn't see your response amidst the latest Shoo-being-Shoo.

Let me know if you can access these:

I can send more specific stuff when I get home from work later (pst) if you don't mind reminding me.

Your facts and context were specific to the legislation rather than the "policy creep" that it represented, which is why it drew the ire of critics on the Internet. As with most Twitter posts, they are not always expressed in the most coherent and parsimonious ways. Instead of immediately disregarding the underlying sentiment, you might have considered why this seemingly benign policy is being considered the first domino from folks who work in the area of debt cancellation policy.
I did consider it, after spending an insignificant amount of time easily determining why it was a bullshit tweet. The tweet literally said, "Congress wants to make student debt cancelation ilegal", which is wrong, and then blamed only dems, only one of whom co-sponsored the bipartisan legislation (and we know who added that provision), which was to fund the FAA. If the tweet had said, "here's an example of possible legislative creep in a bipartisan bill to fund the FAA that right now pertains only to flight training loans and cancellation of debt for students from flights schools that close or engage in misconduct" we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's not hard -- it's really easy actually -- and misleading BS like this doesn't help the cause, a cause I agree with.

Last edited:
Oh sorry - I didn't see your response amidst the latest Shoo-being-Shoo.

Let me know if you can access these:

I can send more specific stuff when I get home from work later (pst) if you don't mind reminding me.

Thanks - I was looking for some kind of analysis on the FAA reauthorization provision and how it could/would be a slippery slope.

I think some across the board student loan forgiveness is a good idea as a policy matter, but I’m not convinced that it can be done by executive fiat under the HEA. I thought the HEROES Act route was a better legal argument, and if they do anything across the board under the HEA, I think the court will have an even easier time striking it down. Unfortunately, targeted relief under the HEA is probably the only thing that has legal viability IMO.

What on earth is Kamala Harris talking about saying the women's college basketball tournament was not allowed to have brackets until 2022? She is so out of touch.

How dare you criticize Kamala Harris !!!

Gavin Newsome would never say something so dumb.
I’m guessing some sarcasm here, but love him or hate him Gavin Newsome is a great politician. He’s an awful person because of it but he’s damn good at it.

Kamala isn’t, she is an awful communicator and comes across as an overtly fake human. Gavin is as well but he’s better at hiding it at least.

What on earth is Kamala Harris talking about saying the women's college basketball tournament was not allowed to have brackets until 2022? She is so out of touch.

Can you post the full quote and context?

I think she was referring to fillable March Madness brackets rather than the tournament setup. It was in relation to growing the popularity of the sport.

I think she was referring to fillable March Madness brackets rather than the tournament setup. It was in relation to growing the popularity of the sport.
That makes sense. I'm guessing someone told her that ESPN didn't have a women's bracket competition on the app until some year and she got the year wrong.

I’m guessing some sarcasm here, but love him or hate him Gavin Newsome is a great politician. He’s an awful person because of it but he’s damn good at it.

Kamala isn’t, she is an awful communicator and comes across as an overtly fake human. Gavin is as well but he’s better at hiding it at least.
Of course it’s sarcastic.

Back