• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Yeah, most of the conservative rhetoric regarding the university protests is “look what these prestigious schools “have become” and the billionaire donors are basically blackmailing all of the Presidents and admin to outlaw pro-Palestinian protests under the guise of stopping anti-semitism.

I still don’t understand your point about Ukraine tbf. I’m getting the whatabout argument, but I don’t think that’s what you’re referring to.

How about this:

What would you like to see happen in regard to Ukraine that isn’t happening?

And how would protest tactics like marches, encampments, and BDS (feel free to name others) help achieve those ends?
I'm still waiting for a substantive post from Shoo.

[2] It’s some other element who showed up and compromised the protest and unfortunately we now have to shut the whole thing down.’ Same playbook since George Wallace. This isn’t to say some ppl who don’t go to these schools don’t show up, but ‘outside agitator’ narrative is almost

[3 & 4]

FWIW, there is a shitton of privacy issues with tiktok. Not to say there aren't other motives, but its pretty fucking awful.
And they'll still be awful if some wealthy American owns it.

There needs to be a better plan than turning TikTok into the next Twitter.

Hi, this is off topic, but this is also the chat thread, so, I found this podcast about the rise of Regan and Conservatism in the republican party fascinating.

For some reason it’s post the last episode instead of the first. But y’all are competent people.

Last edited:
What was fascinating about it? I ask because I've read and listened to plenty of articles and podcasts on this topic so I wonder if this one stands out.

What was fascinating about it? I ask because I've read and listened to plenty of articles and podcasts on this topic so I wonder if this one stands out.
I haven’t read those articles or listened to other podcasts so I don’t know if it stands out. I’ve never really studied the rise of Regan. The part that really struck me was how similar Regan’s rhetoric was to Trump and how those post Nixon elections were the first to employ many campaigning strategies that dominated the next 50 years of presidential elections.

Yeah. History repeats itself, but conservative/right-wing politics goes in a fairly consistent cycle.

Need the rolleyes again.

You tell me where to put the Israeli state without constant conflict and I will give you the Nobel Peace Prize.

Should we just give it back to the Ottomans?
probably should have put in germany or somewhere in europe

Back