• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Speaking of this - the planned execution in Alabama using nitrogen is pretty messed up, even by Alabama standards.

Yeah I heard about this yesterday. The plan is to inhale nitrogen until suffocation. So…drowning? That sounds considerably worse than “painless”

yeah I was reading an article and it was talking about how AL and MS have both signed-on, which is an automatic red flag. said that there could be leaks in the mask allowing oxygen to seep through and just causing brain damage.

I am very much of the mindset that the government should not be sanctioning killings against their own citizens/instituting the death penalty. I know that's hotly contested.

It is hotly contested. But until that is banned, if they are going to have executions just do it by firing squad.

I had just assumed we've invented a painless way of doing this at this point, is that not true?

WWE Co-founder and Trump bestie Vince McMahon is one sick fuck. He's been accused of sexual abuse and sex trafficking.

Text images are definitely NSFW

it's hard to believe that people like McMahon and Dana White, guys who own fighting entertainment companies, are bad people

I had just assumed we've invented a painless way of doing this at this point, is that not true?

There are very simple ways to do this. Any reasonably competent anesthesiologist could do it. I'm really unclear on why that's not happening.

Apparently in the Alabama case, they planned lethal injection a year or so ago but it sounds like they couldn't find IV access after trying for an hour. But Still. Plenty of IM medications options. Just not sure why this is being made so complicated.

From an anesthesiologist friend.
"Lots of these drugs have zero medical use anymore so once the manufacturers realized these States are only using their drugs to kill people, they stopped production of a lot of it."
Time to go to the rifles.

I’ve read articles and maybe seen en episode of last week tonight that explained the growing difficulty of sourcing the drugs necessary for lethal injection, and how some US states have used alternative drug cocktails that botched the execution and constituted cruel and unusual punishment.

There are very simple ways to do this. Any reasonably competent anesthesiologist could do it. I'm really unclear on why that's not happening.

Apparently in the Alabama case, they planned lethal injection a year or so ago but it sounds like they couldn't find IV access after trying for an hour. But Still. Plenty of IM medications options. Just not sure why this is being made so complicated.
In addition to the drug supply shortages others have mentioned, most people competent enough to administer the drugs have taken the Hippocratic oath, which they argue forbids them to administer lethal injections.

Back