• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

While I enjoy the FAFO aspect of what happened to elected Republican officials in Oregon today, I don't like the precedent it sets.

Last edited:
What happened?

Oregon Supreme Court barred a bunch of pub reps from running for office for a few years for staging a walkout that prevented bills from coming to a vote.

While I enjoy the FAFO aspect of what happened to elected Republican officials in Oregon today, I don't like the precedent it sets.
I’m not really sure what precedent it sets - the people of Oregon passed a constitutional amendment prohibiting lawmakers from running for reelection after a certain number of unexcused absences in response to GOP walkouts in 2019, 2020 and 2021. The only question before the Oregon Supreme Court was whether that the wording of the amendment prohibited those GOP senators who participated in the walkouts in 2023 from being on the ballot this election or if they could serve one more term before being barred from that ballot.

Thanks. You didn’t specify Oregon. I agree there’s not much of a precedent. It’s a pretty specific situation.

It won’t stop conservative media from claiming this is the judiciary attacking conservatives.

In fairness, it sounds like there was a referendum passed in Oregon that required these clowns to show up to work or get the boot.

<checks notes>
It's just too soon to ask that question. Let's talk later when it's not political.

Hope that's right.

Thought this was helpful and informative:
FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg
    FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 28
  • FullSizeRender(2)-compressed.jpeg
    FullSizeRender(2)-compressed.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 28
Back