• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brandon Childress Commits!!!

Been mentioned but bears repeating.

Thrilled to get a player of Childress's caliber (#73 on 247, #55 in their composite rankings) to start off the 2016 class.

Even more thrilled that it's Randolph's son.

Damn near ecstatic based on his recruiting connections.

I'm sure Giles has made his decision already and is just waiting a few days to give Childress some time in the sun before he too announces that he's committed to WFU.

I watched his dad struggle as a freshman but he always had the swagger. If he has his dad's touch and range I have no doubt he can be special. I have no doubt he has the swagger.

Don't take me out now! I'm getting hot!

Thrilled to get Brandon on board.

Thrilled to get a player of Childress's caliber (#73 on 247, #55 in their composite rankings) to start off the 2016 class.

Even more thrilled that it's Randolph's son.

Damn near ecstatic based on his recruiting connections.

I'm sure Giles has made his decision already and is just waiting a few days to give Childress some time in the sun before he too announces that he's committed to WFU.

Btw, how does 247 come up with their composite ranking? Is it an RSCI style thing? If so, where else are they pulling their rankings from? IIRC, BChill was/is still unranked on most other sites at this point.

Now if we can just get our Duncan.....

....as everyone in the room turns and looks towards Harry

Something else to realize is that if we get Kwe and Harry, we shouldn't worry about having small guards. Although the size of Bryant, Brandon and Kwe will be similar to the size of CP3, Taron and Justin, there will be significant differences that negate the problems we had then. The first one is all three will very, very, very rarely be on the court together. None of them will have to play the opponent's SF. Secondly (even without Tatum) due to having Harry, John C, Doral, Greg and others behind them, our pair of guards can play deny defense against bigger guards. This is something Danny likes to do and having legitimate defensive stoppers behind them allows us to use our guys' athleticism to pressure opponents' guards.

Although Bryant only played in an All Star with Harry, Kwe and Brandon, they will be playing lots of pick-up together. Harry, Kwe and Brandon will have played two full seasons together and have been coached on the style and strategy Danny and Chill for two seasons. This is huge.

It's one thing to get a bevy of stars. It's much, much greater to get stars who have played together.

OK, Kwe, it's your turn. Then it's Harry's turn

When the three Deac Amigos are set, they can then go after the other two guys they want to fill out their class.

Huge commitment! Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Awesome news! I look forward to seeing the mark he makes on Wake Forest and I hope we collectively can do so without resorting to comparisons to his father, even if positive.

This commitment really makes me happy about Wake basketball. Not only is Brandon an excellent player in his own right, deserving of the scholly, but he is Randolph's son. How much better can it be? It irks me when I see sons of former Deacs playing for our rivals.

Last edited:
Welcome Brandon! You've always been a Deac, now its just a little more official!

Technical question. Can Randolph comment on Brandon's verbal as his dad or is his bound by the rules as an assistant coach?

man, I was just thinking about how excited I will be when lil CP commits for class of 2026

Technical question. Can Randolph comment on Brandon's verbal as his dad or is his bound by the rules as an assistant coach?

I'm relatively sure that Randolph's "pre-existing relationship" supersedes most if not all NCAA rules w/r/t Brandon. I'm by no means a compliance expert though.

Back