• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brandon Childress Commits!!!

Great news!! Looking forward to having BChill on campus next year!!!

Rogers didn't outscore Childress by much on either team they played together. Rogers was the "better" player but Childress was the most important player in the two years they played together. Just like Duncan was the better player and Childress was the most important player in 1994-95.

I shouldn't get into this on this thread, but it is your contention that Childress was a more important player than Rogers the year Rogers was the ACC player of the year?

Childress was a great player. Rogers was a freak of nature. Childress was allowed to grow into his role as a dominant scorer as a rJr and rSr because he was not the focus of other team's defense as a Fr and rSoph.

Either way, it's great Brandon Childress is coming to Wake.

Man, basketball is so much fun. It is so hard to believe that Wellman allowed the joy to be sucked out of our program for an entire generation of students. Think about all the lost donations the school gave away by allowing [Redacted] to poison our student body with his terrible product. I can't even imagine how much fun it is for Childress to work for a legitimate coach. To work for a coach for which players actually want to come and play. Must be like waking up after a near death experience. Every day is a fresh breath of air.

I shouldn't get into this on this thread, but it is your contention that Childress was a more important player than Rogers the year Rogers was the ACC player of the year?

Childress was a great player. Rogers was a freak of nature. Childress was allowed to grow into his role as a dominant scorer as a rJr and rSr because he was not the focus of other team's defense as a Fr and rSoph.

The conversation started because someone said that Chill struggled his freshman year. That is massive overstatement but it did take him and GDO a while to get on the same page. If memory serves Odom benched him early on because they did not see eye to eye.

Either way this is awesome news and yes it makes me feel old.

There's a big difference between being the best player on the team (Rogers) and the most important (Childress). Randolph brought something intangible that Wake basketball has rarely had. Evidence of this is seen in the season he was injured- Wake had a tremendously talented and experienced team yet struggled to a 17-12 season ended with a humiliating loss in the NCAA. I don't think this happens if Childress isn't hurt.

:willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly:

What he said !!

Man, basketball is so much fun. It is so hard to believe that Wellman allowed the joy to be sucked out of our program for an entire generation of students. Think about all the lost donations the school gave away by allowing [Redacted] to poison our student body with his terrible product. I can't even imagine how much fun it is for Childress to work for a legitimate coach. To work for a coach for which players actually want to come and play. Must be like waking up after a near death experience. Every day is a fresh breath of air.

Yep it's awesome.

Back