• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Good to know that Obama's escalation of the Drone program started with Syria.

Dude, Trump's comments were about the strategy for attacking ISIS, and you said he was just continuing and articulating Obama's unstated policy for which he got the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama got the Peace Prize in 2009, prior to ISIS existing (in it's present incarnation anyway) prior to that it was "Al Queda in Iraq(~2004-2006) and ISI (2006-2013). Obama was barely even president when he got the award so linking the award to Drone policy in the fight on ISIS is disingenuous. Also sure Drone attacks happened all through the Obama presidency, but civilian casualties declined from 13% in 2009 to 0% in 2016 and the number of drone attacks declined over all from a high of 122 in 2010 to 3 in 2016. And before you say "small sample size deac" for the 2016 percentages 2010 had 122 strikes and only 2% of casualties were civilians and civilian deaths under GW Bush were awful e.g., 40% in 2005 in only 3 strikes and 99% in 2006 in only 2 strikes. I'm not defending drone warfare, but the Obama administration clearly made an effort to reduce civilian deaths, and were not intentionally killing ISIS member's families.

Here is the data: https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

Dude, Trump's comments were about the strategy for attacking ISIS, and you said he was just continuing and articulating Obama's unstated policy for which he got the Nobel Peace Prize. Obama got the Peace Prize in 2009, prior to ISIS existing (in it's present incarnation anyway) prior to that it was "Al Queda in Iraq(~2004-2006) and ISI (2006-2013). Obama was barely even president when he got the award so linking the award to Drone policy in the fight on ISIS is disingenuous. Also sure Drone attacks happened all through the Obama presidency, but civilian casualties declined from 13% in 2009 to 0% in 2016 and the number of drone attacks declined over all from a high of 122 in 2010 to 3 in 2016. And before you say "small sample size deac" for the 2016 percentages 2010 had 122 strikes and only 2% of casualties were civilians and civilian deaths under GW Bush were awful e.g., 40% in 2005 in only 3 strikes and 99% in 2006 in only 2 strikes. I'm not defending drone warfare, but the Obama administration clearly made an effort to reduce civilian deaths, and were not intentionally killing ISIS member's families.

Here is the data: https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

LOL, you're pulling data from the CFR? Next up, the Trilateral Commission and Bilderburgers.

Hey small family farmers, suck it up for #MAGA!

Farmers will care, imo. They are not the same rubes as the ones going to these dumb ass rallies.

There’s some crossover for sure like plenty of other professions.

"You mean to tell me it's illegal for my attorney and I to perpetrate a fraud on my campaign? That should be protected by attorney client privilege!"

This guy is such a nut job.

I have a strong feeling that Cohen is employed officially as Trump's lawyer precisely so that their conversations will be privileged. He sounds more like the archetypal "problem-solver" than an actual lawyer. Trump already has a whole load of those.

I have a strong feeling that Cohen is employed officially as Trump's lawyer precisely so that their conversations will be privileged. He sounds more like the archetypal "problem-solver" than an actual lawyer. Trump already has a whole load of those.

apparently he was in house with the Trump Org for a long time, then in 2016 left to open a one-person firm with one client. There is privilege on in-house stuff but it's substantially weaker with a lot more exceptions than normal attorney-client privilege. So, yeah, what you said.

Back