• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

The perfect response for Trump scheduling the G7 at Doral would be for the other six to pull out a couple of months before it happens if Putin is invited to appear. This would screw Trump so perfectly.

PERFECT

Why doesn't Melania have an umbrella?

Good read.

Kinda like shoo said...racist dummies a-punching theyself in tha nuts.

Indeed. Love the quote from the Tennessee redneck in his early 40s who was dying from liver damage caused by hepatitis C, yet still refused to support Tennessee joining Obamacare or accepting Medicaid expansion, either of which might well have saved his life (he had no medical insurance): “Ain’t no way I would ever support Obamacare or sign up for it...I would rather die.” When I asked him why he felt this way even as he faced severe illness, he explained: “We don’t need any more government in our lives. And in any case, no way I want my tax dollars paying for Mexicans or welfare queens.”

This guy literally died to own the libs and minorities. As the article states: "Trevor’s deteriorating condition resulted also from the toxic effects of dogma. Dogma that told him that governmental assistance in any form was evil and not to be trusted, even when the assistance came in the form of federal contracts with private health insurance or pharmaceutical companies, or from expanded communal safety nets. Dogma that, as he made abundantly clear, aligned with beliefs about a racial hierarchy that overtly and implicitly aimed to keep white Americans hovering above Mexicans, welfare queens, and nonwhite others. Dogma suggesting to Trevor that minority groups received lavish benefits from the state, even though he himself lived and died on a low-income budget with state assistance. Trevor voiced a literal willingness to die for his place in this [racial] hierarchy, rather than participate in a system that might put him on the same plane as immigrants or racial minorities."

That's Trumpism in a nutshell. Better to die believing you're still at the top of the racial totem pole than vote to extend benefits to inferior or despised "others", even if you desperately need those benefits yourself. It's as if this is all they've got left, and they're going to cling to it to the bitter end.

Anyone we know?

British slang - Cockwomble: (noun) A person, usually male, prone to making outrageously stupid statements and/or inappropriate behaviour while generally having a very high opinion of their own wisdom and importance.

Indeed. Love the quote from the Tennessee redneck in his early 40s who was dying from liver damage caused by hepatitis C, yet still refused to support Tennessee joining Obamacare or accepting Medicaid expansion, either of which might well have saved his life (he had no medical insurance): “Ain’t no way I would ever support Obamacare or sign up for it...I would rather die.” When I asked him why he felt this way even as he faced severe illness, he explained: “We don’t need any more government in our lives. And in any case, no way I want my tax dollars paying for Mexicans or welfare queens.”

This guy literally died to own the libs and minorities. As the article states: "Trevor’s deteriorating condition resulted also from the toxic effects of dogma. Dogma that told him that governmental assistance in any form was evil and not to be trusted, even when the assistance came in the form of federal contracts with private health insurance or pharmaceutical companies, or from expanded communal safety nets. Dogma that, as he made abundantly clear, aligned with beliefs about a racial hierarchy that overtly and implicitly aimed to keep white Americans hovering above Mexicans, welfare queens, and nonwhite others. Dogma suggesting to Trevor that minority groups received lavish benefits from the state, even though he himself lived and died on a low-income budget with state assistance. Trevor voiced a literal willingness to die for his place in this [racial] hierarchy, rather than participate in a system that might put him on the same plane as immigrants or racial minorities."

That's Trumpism in a nutshell. Better to die believing you're still at the top of the racial totem pole than vote to extend benefits to inferior or despised "others", even if you desperately need those benefits yourself. It's as if this is all they've got left, and they're going to cling to it to the bitter end.

That predates Trumpism. That was essentially the motivation for poor whites to fight in the Civil War

That predates Trumpism. That was essentially the motivation for poor whites to fight in the Civil War

No doubt, but my point is that it is the essence of Trumpism in today's political climate. Yeah, poor whites fought to the bitter end for a society in which they were screwed for decades by having to compete with free labor, which greatly lowered their own prospects for ever getting a decent job. And, to top it off, poor whites were often despised by wealthier Southern whites - the "slavocracy." But when the war came, they signed up by the hundreds of thousands to defend a "nation" expressly formed to defend the slave labor system that was keeping them in poverty, just so they could continue to feel superior to those slaves, even in miserable poverty. Of course after the war it was spun differently - they weren't really fighting for slavery, just for "states rights" and to defend their homes and families from Yankee invaders, etc. It just never ends.

Last edited:

tenor.gif

I’m guessing/hoping he was signaling whoever gave him the bad information and not the astronaut.

But who knows with this sleaze.

Either way, low class move.

Back