• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Haha, he pinned that tweet. Trump always tells you his insecurities via twitter, so what are the Never Trumpers up to that has him all caught in his feelings?

They must be “troubled” or “deeply disturbed” and offering Ts and Ps for the latest corruption to surface.

This tweet is from the President of the United States. What a shameful time to be alive.

you know, given the state of the republican party, i can't quite disagree with his take*

anybody enabling this shit on any level is human scum

yes, i know trump is human scum, too

Good to know our US President thinks many of my friends and I are human scum.

you're not a republican in this mess, NED

it's also fucked up to harangue/label dems as dangerous

ETA: I mean, this is precisely the problem. So-called Never Trumpers still hold the belief that Dems are the enemy, dangerous, human scum, etc. They only decide to speak out when Trump goes after them. It'll still be the same political football, albeit with fewer institutional norms, when Trump leaves office.

Last edited:
On an unrelated note, a group called Republicans for the Rule of Law have been airing ads on Fox & Friends this week.

Welcome to the club!

I'd rather be on this side than the alternative.

Sure, but I'm still really skeptical of any sort of alliance. Republicans in the aggregate still love Donald Trump and Donald Trump's Republican party. When the exit polls come out and prove me wrong, I'll happily eat crow, but I still think that the Never Trump position is business-as-usual (without so many insulting, bad words).
s

Sure, but I'm still really skeptical of any sort of alliance. Republicans in the aggregate still love Donald Trump and Donald Trump's Republican party. When the exit polls come out and prove me wrong, I'll happily eat crow, but I still think that the Never Trump position is business-as-usual (without so many insulting, bad words).
s

I was thinking of the NEDs of the world.

There are multiple categories of Never Trumpers (and some changed course pretty quickly once they realized that the grift isn't effective that way.) I agree that the number willing to completely buck the party are small. I'm not looking to team up with Bret Stephens or anything.

And can we all just agree to not call each other human scum? What is dehumanization...like the 4th stage of mass genocide?

I personally do not want to live in a country where we feel it is acceptable to call anyone human scum.

I was thinking of the NEDs of the world.

There are multiple categories of Never Trumpers (and some changed course pretty quickly once they realized that the grift isn't effective that way.) I agree that the number willing to completely buck the party are small. I'm not looking to team up with Bret Stephens or anything.

That's why I thought it was curious that NED was lumping himself in with those folks. I respect NED, but I really don't think that there are that many Republicans (and former Republicans) who are like him.

And can we all just agree to not call each other human scum? What is dehumanization...like the 4th stage of mass genocide?

I personally do not want to live in a country where we feel it is acceptable to call anyone human scum.

I agree. I just wanted to illuminate the fact that what upset you about the tweet was labeling Never Trumpers as human scum despite the fact that Republicans have been using hurling similar invectives at "liberals" for the last decade. It certainly hurts when it happens to you, but the entire mainstream Republican program has been oriented towards dehumanizing "the other side" (liberals, progressives, takers, free riders, single family households, welfare queens, illegals, etc.), whoever is on it at a given time. The only way to transcend the symptoms that gave us Trump (as well as Trumpism itself whenever that idiot leaves office) is to confront these realities and build solidarity instead of reserving our outrage for moments when we're finally targeted. "Then they came for me and there was nobody left to speak for me" and whatnot.

Trump's "deplorable" moment

Let’s step back and talk about this. Hillary made a statement that was statistically correct based on polls and surveys of Republicans. But every day Republicans at all levels call Democrats and others much much worse. That’s why they’re deplorable.

I agree. I just wanted to illuminate the fact that what upset you about the tweet was labeling Never Trumpers as human scum despite the fact that Republicans have been using hurling similar invectives at "liberals" for the last decade. It certainly hurts when it happens to you, but the entire mainstream Republican program has been oriented towards dehumanizing "the other side" (liberals, progressives, takers, free riders, single family households, welfare queens, illegals, etc.), whoever is on it at a given time. The only way to transcend the symptoms that gave us Trump (as well as Trumpism itself whenever that idiot leaves office) is to confront these realities and build solidarity instead of reserving our outrage for moments when we're finally targeted. "Then they came for me and there was nobody left to speak for me" and whatnot.

Couldn’t agree more.

That's why I thought it was curious that NED was lumping himself in with those folks. I respect NED, but I really don't think that there are that many Republicans (and former Republicans) who are like him.

It must be the people I hang around with and following in politics. I’ve really only defined never trumpers as people who have opposed trump from day 1 and still today. I know the media has labeled some people who opposed Trump early as never trump (ie Erik Erickson) but I’ve never really seen him as part of the movement.

On the other hand people like Joe Scarborough, Tom Nichols and David Jolly still hold conservative beliefs (albeit more moderate positions) and have opposed Trump from day 1 and still do. These are real never trumpers...at least to me.

Back