• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Even taking that as an innocuous, non-racist statement (generous), what a weird thing to say. Who says someone has good bloodlines?

I feel sorry for Joe Scarborough taking all this crap from Trump but he brought it in himself by being all buddy buddy with Trump during the election.

Call his bluff.

It will be very interesting to see how Cooper plays this. His entire career has been spent laying low and not rocking the boat too much. I’m sure he’ll find some sort of middle ground, like the arena can be used with a much lower capacity, etc. My prediction is the convention takes place elsewhere and both sides blame each other.

Wasn't Charlotte the only city that placed a bid the first go around?

Yes it was. If Cooper calls Trump's bluff it will certainly be interesting to see what the GOP does. Given that there seemed to be relatively little enthusiasm among large American cities to host the GOP Convention even before this crisis, I doubt whether many other cities would be eager to host a large convention with a filled-to-capacity arena of Trumpites in the middle of a pandemic. It would be amusing to watch the GOP have to beg other cities to hold their convention. Maybe Trump could do it at Mar-a-Lago. I doubt Trump will really move the convention, as he badly needs to carry NC to win reelection, and right now its a dogfight. They'll probably come to some compromise, and Trump will just blame "Democrat Gov. Cooper" for not allowing the coliseum to be filled to capacity. It's what he does.

ETA: After news leaked that Charlotte was the only city to make a bid, the RNC indignantly insisted that other cities had also competed to host the convention, but according to the Charlotte Observer they all dropped out for various reasons fairly early. The Nevada GOP offered to host the convention in Vegas, but the city of Vegas (including Vegas tourism officials) never actually made a bid, and was not a part of the process. According to the Observer, Charlotte was the only city to actually make a formal bid for the convention. Given the amount of money that these conventions bring to a city, that's pretty telling. It used to be that cities hotly competed to host both parties conventions, for the revenue they brought.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what kind of crystal ball DJT expects NC or anyone for that matter to be able to look into and predict what everything will be like in 90 days.

Its gonna look green. He and his crowd will keep making money at the expense of America and American lives.

Happy Memorial Day, Trump is feeling aggrieved. As usual.

So who's going to profit from wherever they want to move this thing to?

Trump couldn't get the G7 to be at Mar-A-Lago. Now, he's trying to move the RNC Convention there to soak taxpayers for millions more.

The GOP should just go ahead and declare it a church service. Invite the usual ground charlatan preachers to speak and add Trump in the mix.

What benefits for the election would there actually be for hosting in NC? Would they be pouring a lot of money into the GOTV effort or what? How does that impact John Q Undecided Voter in Wilmington?

Back