• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

The economic benefits won’t be nearly what they were before this and that wasn’t very much. The prestige of hosting political conventions has largely gone away.

Every Uptown restaurant was busy as hell for 18 hours a day in 2012 for the DNC and that was with probably less than half the normal number of people working Uptown. Bakeries worked around the clock. Every hotel within one hour was booked. Every AirBnB was filled. Every caterer was booked and every Uber driver was on surge. Law enforcement officials from across the state were making time-and-half providing security. It is a real economic impact and would have been greater if Obama had been able to deliver his speech at BofA Stadium instead of inside due to rain.

I’m not talking economic. When people are saying he needs the convention here to win NC. How will that help other than some business owners happy with him?

I was answering Ph, but the convention is the biggest campaign stop on the schedule. If he loses NC then he's pretty clearly fucked.

I’m not talking economic. When people are saying he needs the convention here to win NC. How will that help other than some business owners happy with him?

Some may not show up. Some may take it as an insult and vote for someone else.

Rather than being a colossal dick, Trump should be saying and doing everything he can to figure out a way to have the convention in NC. He should be saying how much he loves NC.

According to polls, NC is absolutely in play:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/north-carolina/

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/north-carolina/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/nc/north_carolina_trump_vs_biden-6744.html

Twitter has already made it clear that it's rules don't apply to Trump.

It's important to hear from the people who Trump torments with his bullshit even if Twitter refuses to do anything about it.

Twitter refuses to take down Trump's tweets, but apparently they did decide (no doubt after receiving sharp criticism) to start labeling some of Trump's tweets with a "fact check" label. On his false tweet about mail-in ballots and fraud, Twitter placed a label that said "Get the facts about mail-in ballots" with links to news articles that refute Trump's claims, and it also says that Trump's tweets "contain potentially misleading information about voting processes and have been labeled to provide additional context around mail-in ballots."

It's not much, but it was way too much for Trump and his minions, who immediately attacked Twitter - on twitter. Twitter "is now interfering in the 2020 presidential election", Trump tweeted. "They are saying that my statement on mail-in ballots, which will lead to massive corruption and fraud, is incorrect, based on fact-checking by Fake News CNN and the Amazon Washington Post!" I'm sure there will soon be an indignant wave of facebook chain posts from Trumpites about how the Deep State is censoring Dear Leader's heroic attempts to tell the truth about LibDems and their nefarious plans to steal the 2020 election.

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/05/26/trump-twitter-label-fact-check/?fbclid=IwAR2VNiBgUl7OmHof_UsCYIquuhZnHnjiXWx357tX4PS8IQ_J9Mi5YtB3xto

Last edited:

Twitter refuses to take down Trump's tweets, but apparently they did decide (no doubt after receiving sharp criticism) to start labeling some of Trump's tweets with a "fact check" label. On his false tweet about mail-in ballots and fraud, Twitter placed a label that said "Get the facts about mail-in ballots" with links to news articles that refute Trump's claims, and it also says that Trump's tweets "contain potentially misleading information about voting processes and have been labeled to provide additional context around mail-in ballots."

It's not much, but it was way too much for Trump and his minions, who immediately attacked Twitter - on twitter. Twitter "is now interfering in the 2020 presidential election", Trump tweeted. "They are saying that my statement on mail-in ballots, which will lead to massive corruption and fraud, is incorrect, based on fact-checking by Fake News CNN and the Amazon Washington Post!" I'm sure there will soon be an indignant wave of facebook chain posts from Trumpites about how the Deep State is censoring Dear Leader's heroic attempts to tell the truth about LibDems and their nefarious plans to steal the 2020 election.

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/05/26/trump-twitter-label-fact-check/?fbclid=IwAR2VNiBgUl7OmHof_UsCYIquuhZnHnjiXWx357tX4PS8IQ_J9Mi5YtB3xto

Oh look, another tweet to label.

Republicans seem fine with the President of the United States talking shit to private businesses.

it was probably Tony, where is Tony?

Everyone's following Sarah Cooper by now, right?

She was on Lawrence O'Donnell last night and Halle Berry retweeted her an hour ago. Not bad at all.

Back