• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Not sarcastically- this is awesome. I think it’s great he’s got a sense of humor about himself. I loathe him slightly less. He knows he’s not going to be president again. C’mon.

Dammit, Trump is just handing this shit to the even worse DeSantis.
Yeah desantis will get the nomination, but he doesn’t worry me at all. He’s got the charisma of a doorknob, and he gives no sign of running on anything except anti this and anti that. Negative campaigns don’t win, especially with stuffed shirt candidates. I mean even trump had MAGA which was at least ostensibly positive

Yeah desantis will get the nomination, but he doesn’t worry me at all. He’s got the charisma of a doorknob, and he gives no sign of running on anything except anti this and anti that. Negative campaigns don’t win, especially with stuffed shirt candidates. I mean even trump had MAGA which was at least ostensibly positive
I agree. I don’t think DeSantis will play nationally. I think DeSantis will be closer to a Scott Walker than Trump. Florida has been ripe for a Republican takeover for a while. Republicans have run the state for 20+ years. The Florida Democratic Party is very weak. DeSantis is just the one to take advantage of this Florida setup and push its limits when Republicans thought they were invincible as long as they collected enough power. He has no charisma except to deliver the policy and rhetoric authoritarians want. “Make America Florida” plays in the Republican ecosystem where Florida = freedom. It works to keep a steady flow of old conservative retirees to prevent Florida from becoming like Virginia or Georgia. But Florida is a joke nationally and DeSantis butted heads with the one thing people like about the state, Disney.

My guys, I ask you to look back in these threads like 6-7 years ago when you, me and everyone else were saying that we weren't worried about Trump and he wouldn't play with a national audience because y'all obviously haven't learned your lesson yet. Desantis is fucking terrifying.

Trump has been playing to a national audience my whole life.

My guys, I ask you to look back in these threads like 6-7 years ago when you, me and everyone else were saying that we weren't worried about Trump and he wouldn't play with a national audience because y'all obviously haven't learned your lesson yet. Desantis is fucking terrifying.
Agree with this. No one will care about his personality, or lack thereof, if he's owning libs, banning books, and being an anti-vaxx bully . He's not the worst I've seen re personality, and if it's Joe - and it looks like it will be - I think DeSantis has a better than even shot at taking it. If Trump could hang on for a bit he could do some damage to DeSantis, but it really looks like Trump is finally on the outs. I would much rather be facing Trump than DeSantis in '24. It's not close.

It will cost billions to pay off trump and even then he’s taking his ball and going home, he hates Desantis and if he loses the nomination good luck.

If DeSantis wins, its almost assuredly going to be after Trump trashes him the way he did Graham, Rubio, and Jeb. I'm just not sure how DeSantis recovers from getting emasculated over and over again for several months.

If DeSantis wins, its almost assuredly going to be after Trump trashes him the way he did Graham, Rubio, and Jeb. I'm just not sure how DeSantis recovers from getting emasculated over and over again for several months.
I envision him sticking to a plan "i love trump but the godless lib left have poisoned minds with LIES. I don't have the baggage he does and WE can own the libs together with policies expanding what he was doing."

It gives a lot of deplorables the opportunity to retroactively pretend they want to move away from trump.

Imagine being so into yourself that you mint trading cards of yourself.

Desantis is worse than Trump because he might actually be smart enough to get some things done. My lord Trump is dumb.

DeSantis faces little heat in Florida. He's developed a reputation for going hard against the mildest resistance from the press or Disney, but he's faced little real opposition like in a GOP primary.

Meh, maybe so. I just don’t see him getting out the vote numbers of the TV star pretend successful businessman who had a hit show and banged every model in the 80s. Owning libs is fine but which Biden states does desantis flip? Arizona I could see, maybe Nevada. Is that enough?

Back