• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bundy = Racist

Please read the Federalist Papers.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Please read the Federalist Papers.

I searched the Federalist Papers for the term "using your pin number at the atm machine," and it responded with none. Even more ????

Dude...

Yeah...again I completely agree with RJ on this matter. He never had a point so it's a total cop out to say "well now that he's spouting racist hatred I see him for what he really is."

As nasty and ignorant as Bundy's statement was, it's the best thing that's happened since the BLM backed off with no shots fired. It gave Fox and idiots like Hannity an out and they can't continue to support him. The fewer people with guns supporting Bundy the better. Could happen, but I doubt more people will show up to support him because of his comments about slavery. A dozen GOP candidates would have eaten wet boogers to win the 2012 Iowa Caucuses, but only Santorum and Bachmann signed a manifesto which included praise for the "family values" of slavery. People noticed that Huckabee and Rand spoke up for Bundy and that won't be remotely helpful for them in the future, especially if Bundy and his cronies shoot first at the next confrontation with the Feds.

I mean it says powers not delegated in the Constitution are reserved to the states. That phrase is just a synonym for enumerated. If it's "not delegated in the Constitution" then it's an unenumerated right

I mean not really.

delegate: entrust (a task or responsibility) to another person, typically one who is less senior than oneself.

enumerate: mention (a number of things) one by one.

If the 10th amendment had said enumerated or explicitly delegated I doubt the Supreme Court would have read the Commerce clause and the Necessary and Proper Clause as broadly as they have.

The 10th amendment makes it clear that federal power must find its base in the Constitution (if that wasn't already clear) but doesn't really add anything in determining what power the Constitution grants the federal government.

Just saw a clip of Colbert's "Ballad of Cliven Bundy" from last night. Great stuff.

I can't believe the great deal I'm getting on rent in some of your heads.

When it smells like what you've been shoveling, you're not in the vicinity of the head. Still, great job on derailing the thread.

It's weird nobody ever suggested that white people on welfare might be better off as slaves.

I mean not really.

delegate: entrust (a task or responsibility) to another person, typically one who is less senior than oneself.

If the 10th amendment had said enumerated or explicitly delegated I doubt the Supreme Court would have read the Commerce clause and the Necessary and Proper Clause as broadly as they have.

The 10th amendment makes it clear that federal power must find its base in the Constitution (if that wasn't already clear) but doesn't really add anything in determining what power the Constitution grants the federal government.

Okay, seriously? Whole lotta "not sure if serious" at work here. So the big government crowd wouldn't aspire to expansion of their powers if only a dead white guy had been more careful in his phraseology? C'mon man.

From what I understand, James Madison knows something about the context in which the Constitution of the United States was written. Let me drag this horse to water, kicking and screaming.

The idea that the reach of the federal government would be restricted to a few enumerated powers is articulated by Madison in Federalist No. 45:

“ The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."

<Braces> "James Madison doesn't know much about original intent" </argument>

expressio unius est exclusio alterius

Last edited:
I mean not really.

Apparently you haven't read much Constitutional law. The Supreme Court's M.O. is to figure out what outcome they want, and then twist the words of the Constitution in order to justify that outcome. That's why there are so many different standards of review that when taken together make no sense, because one basic standard wouldn't create the varied outcomes that they desire (some good, some bad). It is supposed to be the opposite: let the text determine the outcome. But it's never worked that way because the Justices' personal beliefs get involved (hence why appointments are so hotly contested politically), so the outcome drives the text. So adding one more word wouldn't have changed a damn thing over the course of history.

You mean like saying money is speech or that corporations are people?

You know what? Poor white people might be better off as slaves. Picking cotton and the like.

It would give them something to do.

Did anyone see him this morning on CNN?

Good lord

GO, the fact any Republicans ever supported him shows how they put hatred of Obama over the rule of law. his "plight" was never just or rational. How Hannity, Paul, Heller or anyone didn't call him out for the criminal that he is shows a glaring lack of integrity.

Back