• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BuzzOuts vs. BuzzIns - Disco Dan Article

What is this "when Wake is playing well..." that he speaks of? I don't remember that since we beat Duke to be the last undefeated team in the nation. All downhill from there.

If you're talking about '08-'09, both UNC and Duke had already been beaten when we beat them. Clemson and Wake were the last undefeated teams that year, and we beat them at Littlejohn the Saturday after the UNC game.

"The discourse, many times, is more compelling than the game."

Possibly the most insightful remark I've read from Dan.

If you're talking about '08-'09, both UNC and Duke had already been beaten when we beat them. Clemson and Wake were the last undefeated teams that year, and we beat them at Littlejohn the Saturday after the UNC game.

That was an awesome game. Our whole team was playing lights out, Chas had 12 rebounds for gods sake!

What are all the "dwarf" tags about? Apologies if I have missed a board meme.

That was an awesome game. Our whole team was playing lights out, Chas had 12 rebounds for gods sake!

Yes. We were playing some damn good basketball before it all fell apart against VT.

Credit VTwhateverthehelletc. for digging this back up, because it's epic.

also, what happened to the search function?

"The discourse, many times, is more compelling than the game."

No truer words were ever written.

Wellman's unilateral decision to hire his friend has set our program, support levels, donations, etc., back beyond anything I could have imagined. Firing Gaudio was the right move, but not taking the time and consultation to come up with the best coach for our program will haunt us for years to come. It was a horrible lapse in judgement, that has cost this program dearly.

Skip Prosser, from day one, made the effort to connect with the students, the fans,the players, the alumnae, and the media. From day one, through a year and a half, I have not seen any effort from [Redacted] to make any effort to connect with anyone, other than his friend Ron Wellman. This guy is a bad fit. Sure he and his staff, (mostly his staff) will bring in some decent recruits, and we will get better, but that is relative.

I want this program to be successful and I would like for [Redacted] to succeed. But I have seen enough to know that he was a bad hire from day one, and will be a bad hire until Wellman has the fortitude to own up to the biggest mistake he has made as Athletic Director at Wake Forest.

Not making Dino an interim coach and then compounding the mistake with the contract extension was the dagger. Say whatever you want about recruiting. The proper process and the proper hire would have us light years ahead of where we are today. It's just that simple.

Further evidence that Disco Dan does not like Bz. If he did, there is no way he would have written that piece.

Yep. If even Dan is on the fence and writing about both sides of the fence, that tells you where he really is. Contrast that article with his articles about Lobo.

Good article overall. I think it's hilarious that he lumps together the few BuzzIn people with the people who call themselves "BuzzWaitandSee" as all BuzzIn then magnanimously creates BuzzWaitandSee and suggests he's the only member.

-------------
Personally I prefer to take the longer view and let the events play themselves out. I don’t have to be the first to arrive at a conclusion. There have been encouraging signs, the highly-regarded six-player recruiting class and the cohesion and teamwork on display this season that were nowhere to be found a year ago. That said, this is not a good basketball team. It may be good enough to win a few more games in the most diluted ACC I’ve ever known, and it should get better as the season progresses and the freshmen and sophomores continue to develop. But I’ve got to think that the real challenge for players like Tony Chennault and Carson Desrosiers and Chase Fischer and Anthony Fields and Daniel Green is not to earn playing time this season, but next, by which time the Deacons should have as much talent as most of the conference teams they play.

By this time next year I’ve got to think we’ll all know far more about where the Wake program is headed, and how fast it’s getting there.

So, again, I’m willing to wait. For those who are not there’s another referendum set for Sunday when the Deacons emerge from exams to play Gardner-Webb.
---------------------------

Yep. If even Dan is on the fence and writing about both sides of the fence, that tells you where he really is. Contrast that article with his articles about Lobo.

Good article overall. I think it's hilarious that he lumps together the few BuzzIn people with the people who call themselves "BuzzWaitandSee" as all BuzzIn then magnanimously creates BuzzWaitandSee and suggests he's the only member.

-------------
Personally I prefer to take the longer view and let the events play themselves out. I don’t have to be the first to arrive at a conclusion. There have been encouraging signs, the highly-regarded six-player recruiting class and the cohesion and teamwork on display this season that were nowhere to be found a year ago. That said, this is not a good basketball team. It may be good enough to win a few more games in the most diluted ACC I’ve ever known, and it should get better as the season progresses and the freshmen and sophomores continue to develop. But I’ve got to think that the real challenge for players like Tony Chennault and Carson Desrosiers and Chase Fischer and Anthony Fields and Daniel Green is not to earn playing time this season, but next, by which time the Deacons should have as much talent as most of the conference teams they play.

By this time next year I’ve got to think we’ll all know far more about where the Wake program is headed, and how fast it’s getting there.

So, again, I’m willing to wait. For those who are not there’s another referendum set for Sunday when the Deacons emerge from exams to play Gardner-Webb.
---------------------------
Exactly. Everybody either HATES Bz or LOVES Bz but old Disco Dan is the only rational person that wants to see how next year turns out. Damn message board crazies.

Well said Ph. I know I get shit on a lot for being "BuzzIn", but I don't think that is accurate at all. I would classify myself as "BuzzWaitandSee", yet he seemingly eliminates all middle ground and insinuates that everybody has to be either one or the other.

But seriously. When is Disco Dan going to do a piece on the RISE of OGBoards?

Well said Ph. I know I get shit on a lot for being "BuzzIn", but I don't think that is accurate at all. I would classify myself as "BuzzWaitandSee", yet he seemingly eliminates all middle ground and insinuates that everybody has to be either one or the other.

Yep. The reality is all Buzz has to do is win games. Every time he wins, the fanbase moves a little closer to BuzzIn. Every time he loses, the fanbase moves a little closer to BuzzOut. The fanbase isn't nearly as divided as we may think.

When it all comes down to it, the main reason there is a strong BuzzOut movement is that last year there were 3 times as many moves toward BuzzOut as their were toward BuzzIn and there are still almost twice as many total.

When it all comes down to it, the main reason there is a strong BuzzOut movement is that there have been 15 moves toward BuzzIn and 28 moves toward BuzzOut.

I feel like losses to Stetson, Winthrop and UNCW should count as more pull towards BuzzOut. Either way, very accurate.

Back