• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BuzzOuts vs. BuzzIns - Disco Dan Article

I feel like losses to Stetson, Winthrop and UNCW should count as more pull towards BuzzOut. Either way, very accurate.

Don't forget the Presby game. And the Presby press conference. The former was bad, the latter, disastrous.

Oh no doubt. I was just simplifying it. Still I know for me, when we win or even when I saw us lose a hard fought game against Dayton, I think "well maybe he can at least get the program back on track..." and then something like Richmond happens and that little optimistic part in me dies.

Oh no doubt. I was just simplifying it. Still I know for me, when we win or even when I saw us lose a hard fought game against Dayton, I think "well maybe he can at least get the program back on track..." and then something like Richmond happens and that little optimistic part in me dies.

The next fricking day. Seriously. Any hope I had, which there definitely was some, instantly disappeared.

It is without a doubt disheartening to see games like ASU and Richmond, but I do think that it is hard to discern whether that is directly related to Coach [Redacted], or just shows you how bad we are when we don't give anything less than 100%. Coaching can do a helluva lot of things, but effort is something that should be a given at this level.

Oh yeah. Man, I blocked ASU out of my head. I was thinking, "maybe I should head back for tonight's game" and then we never even showed up.

It is without a doubt disheartening to see games like ASU and Richmond, but I do think that it is hard to discern whether that is directly related to Coach [Redacted], or just shows you how bad we are when we don't give anything less than 100%. Coaching can do a helluva lot of things, but effort is something that should be a given at this level.

Completely disagree. You can't just assume 18-22 year olds are going to give 100% effort on anything. It takes a strong leader to get that out of them. One thing I gleaned from going to a ton of Duke games in Cameron is that even with the advantages in talent, home court, refs, and such, Coach K still wouldn't be nearly as successful if he didn't get 100% effort out of every player. That's on coaching.

In general, you've got to teach freshmen and sophomores how to give effort. A lot of them have never had to give that much effort in order to be successful. Effort is learned.

Dan made the classic mistake of conflating "BuzzIn" with "BuzzWaitAndSee."

I think that's right. Very few people are BzzIn, if any. Also, agree with Dan that RW sold us a pile of shit when he said post season performance was the reason for the termination. Clearly, Dino sucked. But [Redacted] hasn't exactly inspired confidence and was a reach. Oh, and he's old.

Maybe if you wouldn't have backed out on our HUGE #BuzzOUT sign for the national primetime game last year...

What game was that for? I remember being amped about it and then I didn't even go to the game.

fuuuu

I lose.

Still want my debate with Buzz, dammit. I'm obviously entitled, because I like 1/10th started a message board. So, I'm pretty important.

What game was that for? I remember being amped about it and then I didn't even go to the game.

fuuuu

I lose.

Still want my debate with Buzz, dammit. I'm obviously entitled, because I like 1/10th started a message board. So, I'm pretty important.

Just checked GMail.

On Feb 22nd for the VTech home game, when we were 8-19, you walked around with "a legal sized paper landscape style with "#BuzzOUT!" written across it in huge letters."

The sign was going to be for the Jan 22nd game against Duke. We of course lost that game 83-59. Would have been a good talking point for the announcers.

We have UNC at home on Jan 31st (predicted 1-6 in conference), and Duke at home on Feb 28th (2nd to last game of season).

Both should be prime opportunities.

Was that even a blog worth posting. Did it bring any new insights, reveal anything that people involved don't know.

It was just another chance for him to trot out his 'Wellman won't tell me what really happened, hurt feelings'.

i think i'd be embarrassed for you if you actually did that dv7. i dont suspect that'd play well with the announcers...let alone the ljvm staff.

pretty ballsy if you do it tho.

I'm telling you, T shirts are the way to go. Black with gold letters "#BuzzOut" across the front. Sell them for $10 in the parking lot. They would fly! Especially AFTER games.

If Ron won't fire Buzz, maybe he can be run off. Fuck that guy.

I'm telling you, T shirts are the way to go. Black with gold letters "#BuzzOut" across the front. Sell them for $10 in the parking lot. They would fly! Especially AFTER games.

If Ron won't fire Buzz, maybe he can be run off. Fuck that guy.

Dan made the classic mistake of conflating "BuzzIn" with "BuzzWaitAndSee."

Well, if you're PHDeac, they are identical.

Technically I think they are, but there's a serious temporal distinction to be made ("how long should Bz be our coach?).

Wellman's unilateral decision to hire his friend has set our program, support levels, donations, etc., back beyond anything I could have imagined. Firing Gaudio was the right move, but not taking the time and consultation to come up with the best coach for our program will haunt us for years to come. It was a horrible lapse in judgement, that has cost this program dearly.

Skip Prosser, from day one, made the effort to connect with the students, the fans,the players, the alumnae, and the media. From day one, through a year and a half, I have not seen any effort from [Redacted] to make any effort to connect with anyone, other than his friend Ron Wellman. This guy is a bad fit. Sure he and his staff, (mostly his staff) will bring in some decent recruits, and we will get better, but that is relative.

I want this program to be successful and I would like for [Redacted] to succeed. But I have seen enough to know that he was a bad hire from day one, and will be a bad hire until Wellman has the fortitude to own up to the biggest mistake he has made as Athletic Director at Wake Forest.

Ehh, not really. I only quoted your post because I feel like you're basing this on what you see on the media, not what you see on campus. I was a student for the entirety of the Gaudio years, and he made almost no effort to connect with students. As soon as Bz was hired, I remember him in tne ZSR handing out food to students and chatting about the team.

Your criticism is a hollow one anyway because coaches and just pull stunts to fulfill their burden, but at least know some facts before you post.

Yep. The reality is all Buzz has to do is win games. Every time he wins, the fanbase moves a little closer to BuzzIn. Every time he loses, the fanbase moves a little closer to BuzzOut. The fanbase isn't nearly as divided as we may think.

When it all comes down to it, the main reason there is a strong BuzzOut movement is that last year there were 3 times as many moves toward BuzzOut as their were toward BuzzIn and there are still almost twice as many total.

I agree, but it's not in equal parts. People clearly moved towards Bz after the Nebraska win, but they moved further away after the Seton Hall loss. It's 2 steps forward, 3 steps back.

Taking those two games in aggregate, I don't think it's fair, but that's the way it is. People are reluctant to praise him, but eager to criticize him. The praise and criticism won't come in equal parts until he has a record of success, and that won't happen for a long time.

Back