• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZ will surprise us this season

I cannot explain his over-all record as a coach. However, last season's team did demonstrate improvement over the course of the season. Freshmen having to depend on other freshmen is a prescription for disaster. Still there was an improvement in terms of fundamental bb.

I do think that this season we will see a team that plays hard, fundamentally sound basketball. That won't translate into an ACC championship...after all talent does count for something. But I expect that we will be fun to watch. And some credit for that will go to Bz or should.
The stars seem aligned for a better than expected showing....just to piss off all the haters on here!

Mebane must be employing variant definitions of playing hard, fundamentally sound and fun to watch with which I am not familiar. How can you have a fundamentally sound team that plays hard when you're last in your conference in FG% D for 6 straight years? We'll win 15 or so games against either inferior talent or when opponents miss open shots. Folks don't comment enough on just how awful Buzzdick's teams are defensively.

CMM would play meaningful minutes on every Wake team in my memory. So would Moto and to a lesser extent Roundtree.

Rountree (no "D" in his name, Mr Super Fan #1) didn't even play meaningful minutes LAST FUCKING SEASON

I think we will be better than last year. We probably even have a better overall record (by a win or two, thanks to the low bar set last year as a result of our embarrassingly bad OOC performance), but will probably have a worse conference record. Truth is, Wake is just doing a notch better than standing still. That isn't enough when the rest of the conference started way ahead of you and isn't moving backwards.

I cannot explain his over-all record as a coach. However, last season's team did demonstrate improvement over the course of the season. Freshmen having to depend on other freshmen is a prescription for disaster. Still there was an improvement in terms of fundamental bb.

I do think that this season we will see a team that plays hard, fundamentally sound basketball. That won't translate into an ACC championship...after all talent does count for something. But I expect that we will be fun to watch. And some credit for that will go to Bz or should.

Yes!!! Plus a quadzillion

I must always back WFU, but not with season tickets. After more than thirty consecutive years of season tickets, this will be the second straight year of opting out. It was just too painful to watch Buzz's first two seasons with more than half spent in the hoops room drowning our sorrows from the second half on. Once we are competitive again, I will be back, even if Buzz is still the HC. I just don't see how that isn't an oxymoron. The way to be competitive again is NOT by scheduling cupcakes, NOT recruiting ACC caliber players(we have two to four currently), NOT being able to communicate effectively with the players, and NOT blaming players for the lack of competitiveness.

CMM - 28.9 min, 8.1 pts, 2.7 reb, 2.6 ast, 1.9 to (.414 fg, .323 3pt, .565 ft) on a 13 win teams

This is not a player who would play meaningful minutes on any Wake team besides this one.

Okay, CMM, Travis, Devin. I'll give you three. Last time I checked, it was a five-man game.

OK forget 'Tree without the "D". What about CMM? You question that he would see meaningful minutes on any Wake team in the past 20 years? Really?

I didn't start that discussion, however, based on what I saw last season, CMM would get spot minutes at best on the 2004 or 2009 teams.

Rountree would have been sitting right beside Richard Joyce and Ty Walker on their respective teams.

I'd take CMM over Ammo. CMM vs. Harvey Hale is a toss up. So I've give mebane that.

I completely disagree with him, but good on mebane for putting a number out there for us all to ridicule halfway through the season.

I want Wake to win, but it's going to be tough. The overall talent level this year will be better than the first two Bz years (teams that start Ty Walker have no talent). Will it be better than last year? CJ is gone, but I thought CJ was overrated (just like I think Travis is overrated). I like them both, but they are not players to carry a team. So, in my opinion, this season will boil down to having two of the sophomores (other than Devin) making SIGNIFICANT progress over the summer. I think we'll know really quickly whether that happened even when we're beating the cupcakes.

The worst thing that ever happened for CMM at Wake is that he was lauded from day one by our head coach, by our athletic director, and by some of our fans as a program savior. a wholly unfair label. The best thing that ever happened for CMM at Wake is that Devin took the spotlight away from him because otherwise, those same people would have turned on him.

Don't worry. They will start over selling Shelton soon enough.

The worst thing that ever happened for CMM at Wake is that he was lauded from day one by our head coach, by our athletic director, and by some of our fans as a program savior. a wholly unfair label. The best thing that ever happened for CMM at Wake is that Devin took the spotlight away from him because otherwise, those same people would have turned on him.

CMM showed so much promise in the UCONN game. Sad, but after that game he was a pretty mediocre ballplayer.

CMM - 28.9 min, 8.1 pts, 2.7 reb, 2.6 ast, 1.9 to (.414 fg, .323 3pt, .565 ft) on a 13 win teams

This is not a player who would play meaningful minutes on any Wake team besides this one.

Tony Chennault - 30.2 min, 9.0 pts, 3.2 reb, 2.8 ast, 2.2 to (0.401 fg, 0.250 3pt, 0.647 ft) on a 13 win team

ETA: CMM has a much, much higher ceiling than Tony Chennault. I think he can be great within the right system and with quality coaching.

Last edited:
Back