• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BZ will surprise us this season

Tony Chennault - 30.2 min, 9.0 pts, 3.2 reb, 2.8 ast, 2.2 to (0.401 fg, 0.250 3pt, 0.647 ft) on a 13 win team

Same team pretty much. Just go back to what I first said. Bz teams. mebane is saying CMM would be a meaningful player, pre-Bz. I've said, he'd replace Ammo, maybe Hale and that's it.

Chill guaranteed in the W-SJ this week that CMM would be an All-ACC guy by the time he left.

Highly doubtful with 15 spots for 16 teams although I think Devin will be a two-time All-ACC guy if he stays four years.

Same team pretty much. Just go back to what I first said. Bz teams. mebane is saying CMM would be a meaningful player, pre-Bz. I've said, he'd replace Ammo, maybe Hale and that's it.

Was not disagreeing with you. Just comparing their stat lines.

I'd take CMM over Ammo. CMM vs. Harvey Hale is a toss up. So I've give mebane that.

Freshman LD Williams - 8.2 pts, 4.1 reb, 1.3 ast (.474 fg, .389 3pt, .565 ft) on a 15 win team

CMM - 8.1 pts, 2.7 reb, 2.6 ast (.414 fg, .323 3pt, .565 ft) on a 13 win team

I am pretty alarmed at how poorly CMM has shot.

Last edited:
Hale sucked- one good game in his career CMM will be much better by default Chennault wasn't terrible but he had a hitch in his shot You can see upside in Codi he has a nice shot, and is a very good athlete He needs knock down more shots this year and be more aggressive. That being said, I still think we at better with Madison at PG . With Mitchell coming next year , it looks like Codi will have to play the 2 most if the time Maybe that us why the kid from charlotte chose Vandy

Last edited:
I'll be interested to see how CMM meshes with Shelton next year. Last year, at least, CMM was a much better shooter with the ball in his hands. Only 55% of his 3 pointers were assisted compared to 91%, 88%, and 69% for Chase, Travis, and CJ, respectively. He didn't look nearly as comfortable shooting off the pass as he did off the dribble.

It will also be interesting if CMM's family* starts pushing for him to get more time back at the PG spot next year. I would imagine CMM would prefer to be playing PG as that would probably be his best chance of professional success.

*If you recall, the Poop Shoot said his family complained to the staff when Bz indicated he was going to start Madison in the ACC tournament (and apparently it worked).

Last edited:
CMM - 28.9 min, 8.1 pts, 2.7 reb, 2.6 ast, 1.9 to (.414 fg, .323 3pt, .565 ft) on a 13 win teams

This is not a player who would play meaningful minutes on any Wake team besides this one.

He was a freshman!

I'd take CMM over Ammo. CMM vs. Harvey Hale is a toss up. So I've give mebane that.

I read this as Aminu instead of Ammo and I though you had lost your mind.

Ammo never got more than 15 mpg over a season. I think CMM could do that. Hale/CMM I'd probably go with CMM if for no other reason than CMM can play point better than Hale. I'd probably give him the nod over LD (or at least split the minutes) as well - depending on the defense of the rest of the team.

CMM would play meaningful minutes on every Wake team in my memory. So would Moto and to a lesser extent Roundtree.

Roundtree barely played meaningful minutes for last years team and we were terrible.

Moto would Rarely see the floor. CMM might get 5-10 backup minutes a game.

Mebane, you know that I agree with you about almost nothing outside the area of sports, but I agree with what you are saying about the basketball situation now.....

Thread should have been locked after this.

I cannot explain his over-all record as a coach. However, last season's team did demonstrate improvement over the course of the season. Freshmen having to depend on other freshmen is a prescription for disaster. Still there was an improvement in terms of fundamental bb.

I do think that this season we will see a team that plays hard, fundamentally sound basketball. That won't translate into an ACC championship...after all talent does count for something. But I expect that we will be fun to watch. And some credit for that will go to Bz or should.

Same story, same person, different year...

We've had plenty of more productive freshmen than CMM. Some of our best teams had several productive freshmen.

I didn't realize how poorly CMM shot free throws. Didn't he make his first 10 or so? I remember it being close to a Wake record for most consecutive to start a career.

mebane, just because you want something to happen, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

For every DI program I'm sure there's at least one fan like you that is irrationally convinced they're gonna be awesome this year. Gives them something to look forward to. However, most of them, like you, will be wrong

mebane, just because you want something to happen, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

For every DI program I'm sure there's at least one fan like you that is irrationally convinced they're gonna be awesome this year. Most of them, like you, will be wrong though

Well, I would rather be wrong while hoping for the best than to be right while hoping for the worst. It must be a miserable way to experience sports: hoping your favorite team fails! What's the point. It sounds like going to sit in an intensive care waiting room for entertainment.

Well, I would rather be wrong while hoping for the best than to be right while hoping for the worst. It must be a miserable way to experience sports: hoping your favorite team fails! What's the point. It sounds like going to sit in an intensive care waiting room for entertainment.

And that's fine. And you might be surprised, but I'm right there with you on most things usually -- I thought we were gonna be surprisingly good in football myself before the season.

But just because you have that mindset doesn't mean we're gonna be good, and doesn't lead to much of a rational explanation for why we're gonna be good. I feel like a rational argument at least could've been made with football, but with basketball I fail to see where that possibly could come from

Back