• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

c h a t t h r e a d a e s t h e t i c : of Winston-Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.
2yo instead is demanding crescent rolls and multiple yogurts, fighting furiously for the right to stand in the open refrigerator for minutes at a time.

Feeding kids is the fucking worst

had to adopt and strictly stick to division of responsibility. We are responsible for what food goes in front of them, they are responsible for what they choose to eat.

Wish my kids would eat the meals I prepare for them. Had pumpkin ravioli and homemade pesto cream sauce with roasted carrots. Think they ate 1 bite collectively.

I am shocked that your young kids aren’t enthusiastic about your culinary masterwork.

when my kids complain about my dinners or take too long, my key to getting them to eat is to yell EAT!!!

I am shocked that your young kids aren’t enthusiastic about your culinary masterwork.
Before having kids I always assumed that pastas & sauce was a pretty foolproof meal for kids - familiar textures tastes etc, but has not played out that way. It’s hard to predict what meals my kids will eat and which they won’t.

I did get my 7 year old to try ribs last time I smoked them and now he wants them all the damn time.
My mom gave my oldest crab legs when she was like 4 and she’s tried to order them every time they’ve been on a menu since she’s been old enough to read.

IMG_7081.jpeg

The people in this pharmacy line are near revolt right now and trying to enlist me in their cause.

Mine are actually pretty good eaters. Have eaten the same thing as us since graduating from baby food.

Mostly I make pretty reasonable stuff on weeknights and don’t try to blow them away with chef flourishes and stuff. Sometimes it’s not something they particularly enjoy, like my youngest for some reason decides she doesn’t like potatoes wtf, but fuck em. Eat your dinner.

But then they’ll surprise me and dig right in on Thai basil chicken (chef John version) in which the sauce smells like dog asshole before you cook it.

Before having kids I always assumed that pastas & sauce was a pretty foolproof meal for kids - familiar textures tastes etc, but has not played out that way. It’s hard to predict what meals my kids will eat and which they won’t.
My son eats tomato sauce all the time at school (his shirts bear proof) but he rarely touches it when I make it at home. I have to give him light sauce but sometimes he wants to house the sauce.

They're kids. They aren't gonna eat that shit.

Bag of 100 dinosaur chicken nuggets FTW.

A big no to that though in my house. Don’t want to remotely start them down the road towards being an adult who eats like a child. You eat what I eat.

Except when I make salmon or some baked fish. I’ll make you Mac and cheese that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back