• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

they may be poorer in money, but are they poorer in their happiness?

Not an economist - is GDP a good measure of wealth/financial security for the average citizen somewhere?

Zeihan did a bit where he explained that the US boomers had the millennials whereas other countries boomers didn’t. So now that there’s not young people to do the service industry the wealthy are fleeing and hoping to come to the states or elsewhere.

Zeihan did a bit where he explained that the US boomers had the millennials whereas other countries boomers didn’t. So now that there’s not young people to do the service industry the wealthy are fleeing and hoping to come to the states or elsewhere.
What, dude?

Been in my own personal European employment law hell the last month or so, and, I may be saying this out of anger and frustration, but - generally - Europeans are lazy as hell, take basically the entire summer off , and are impossible to fire.

Whatever you have to do with them is not that important. It can wait.

Our receptionist is from England and she opines weekly about how fucked up our work culture is compared to over there, and honestly, we have a 37.5 work week at our office, so it's not nearly as bad as it could be for her.

Been in my own personal European employment law hell the last month or so, and, I may be saying this out of anger and frustration, but - generally - Europeans are lazy as hell, take basically the entire summer off , and are impossible to fire.
impossible to fire is true. Work Council countries are brutal. France, Germany and Austria especially

Back