• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Capitalism

At 20% that's serving roughly $250/food per hour. At any steakhouse in a city in the country a Ribeye is selling for $50-$70 these days. Get one table of four per hour and you're good to go. There are lots of steakhouses across the country, I'm sure a few of them are hiring.

You get many tables of four all ordering steak at 3 pm? At 10 pm?

Table of four at a steakhouse is spending around $600 plus tip. But I'm pretty sure you people aren't figuring in the tip out to the rest of the service staff.

Table of four at a steakhouse is spending around $600 plus tip. But I'm pretty sure you people aren't figuring in the tip out to the rest of the service staff.
If ya gotta stiff the busboy to make your nut, you gotta stiff the busboy.

If ya gotta stiff the busboy to make your nut, you gotta stiff the busboy.

So how is the busboy going to get his nut if everyone else is stiff?

There are a lot of shitty tippers out there, and probably many more became shitty when they could use the minimum wage increase as justification.

Always amusing to see how many ways people can recycle the “why don’t they build the whole plane out of black box” bit.

Elon Musk’s Texts Shatter the Myth of the Tech Genius
The world’s richest man has some embarrassing friends.

“Is it surprising that rich people (including one of the world’s 10 richest men) are throwing money at their friends the way you might on a low-stakes poker night? Not really—and especially not when that man is the richest man in the world. But the eagerness to pony up for Musk and the lazy quality of this dealmaking reveal something deeper about the brokenness of this investment ecosystem and the ways that it is driven more by vibes and grievances than due diligence…”

ph, I hope this article clears up what I meant by referring to wealthy people as “exceptional” - I definitely wasn’t using it as a synonym for “superior”, because they absolutely aren’t.

Last edited:
I mean isn’t Musk a known socially awkward autistic man. He’s really really fucking smart in a very narrow band.

I mean isn’t Musk a known socially awkward autistic man. He’s really really fucking smart in a very narrow band.

What band is that? Seems like he has a lot of money and puts it in a lot of places and projects and some of them are very successful.

What has he engineered? He doesn’t have an engineering degree.

Yeah I’m not sure there’s any evidence that musk is anything more than an above average software coder who had a fuck ton of family money and was in the right place at the right time.

I will say that he set goals for tesla and spaceX engineers that people didn’t think were possible. But he wasn’t the one achieving those goals. Just finding ways to fund the actual smart engineers.

Right. There’s something to be said for paying the right people to do the right thing but that doesn’t mean someone is brilliant especially someone who pays a lot of wrong people to do the wrong things. If you have enough money, it’s hard to not make a lot more.

Back