• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carry On bags

Don't they punch a hole in the old license to indicate that it is no longer valid?

they do that to the passport, but i didn't think they did that to the license? at least, i still have a couple of in-tact old licenses. but i've always renewed when the actual expiration was coming up soon. i don't know what happens if you have a couple of years left before it expires.

and jdawg, the wedding is in late september, and the honeymoon is in late december (missing christmas...sorry, mom!)

I'd probably say screw it and not change anything until January after taxes and all that crap.

I'd probably say screw it and not change anything until January after taxes and all that crap.

not sure what taxes have to do with it, but i think this is the way i'm leaning. i was kind of hoping to knock out all of the name change stuff pretty quickly so that i just get it over with, but i don't think i want to deal with the stress of "omg, is the passport going to get here in time?"

they do that to the passport, but i didn't think they did that to the license? at least, i still have a couple of in-tact old licenses. but i've always renewed when the actual expiration was coming up soon. i don't know what happens if you have a couple of years left before it expires.

and jdawg, the wedding is in late september, and the honeymoon is in late december (missing christmas...sorry, mom!)

I guess I'm thinking of NJ because I think I might not have even had an NC license before getting married. If they don't do anything to the license (which is just stupid) then I guess you could do that. It doesn't seem legal, though. Just make sure all tickets are in your maiden name if you do that.

I guess I'm thinking of NJ because I think I might not have even had an NC license before getting married. If they don't do anything to the license (which is just stupid) then I guess you could do that. It doesn't seem legal, though. Just make sure all tickets are in your maiden name if you do that.

yeah, this is why i asked the question. something just doesn't seem right. but it does seem like it would work. i could change half of my documents, not the other half, and still be able to go on the honeymoon.

In DC they just just took my old FL license when I went to switch it

I know they did something in NJ when I went to my 21+ license and I thought that in NC they did something to my NJ license when I did the name change but I could be misremembering.

In FL they cut the corner of my VA license.

I showed my freshly minted military ID to my Dad when I was about 10, and for some reason he was fooling around with a pair of scissors pretending to cut the card in half.

About two fake cuts later, the corner was gone from my ID and I had to get a new one. Thanks, Dad!

The prologue of this week's This American Life is very pertinent to this thread.

It talks about Knee Defenders which 'help protect against reclining airplane seats'.

If someone gave me one of these notes, I would immediately complain to a flight attendant about the guy tampering with the aircraft seats. This is fucking ridiculous. I don't even use the recline function, but ffs.

nRRcygB.jpg

So where did this come from? Did you find one of those?

You have to be a total asshole to give another passenger a note like that. If you're that particular fly first or pony up for an exit row.

id ask to switch seats with the person that's seating behind that person then go to town kicking the shit out of the back of that persons seat the entire ride.

If someone gave me one of these notes, I would immediately complain to a flight attendant about the guy tampering with the aircraft seats. This is fucking ridiculous. I don't even use the recline function, but ffs.

nRRcygB.jpg

If someone gave me one of those I would also immediately notify the flight attendant and then I would recline my seat as far as possible once those fucking things were removed.

So I had to shit on a plane for the first time, that suuucked.

Back