• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Comics create a world in which superpowers are commonplace. A real life analog to Superman would be an elite athlete like Lebron or Tom Brady mixed with an actual hero.

Comics create a world in which superpowers are commonplace. A real life analog to Superman would be an elite athlete like Lebron or Tom Brady mixed with an actual hero.
Yeah, that sounds like lame-ass DC. I much prefer the dystopian X-Men universe where humans are pit against mutants out of fear.

Last night's Supergirl reminded me of glory days gone by. I won a trivia contest at Dragon Con back in the early 90s by correctly spelling Mr. Mxyzptlk. Yeah I'm that cool.

They did a good job balancing Mxy + 3 love stories.

This is the first bit I've seen about Inhumans and man, this is spot-on casting: Theon as Maximus.

https://news.marvel.com/tv/60095/iwan-rheon-set-key-role-marvels-inhumans-series-abc/

Ramsay, and yeah. I'd say that's about as perfect as it gets...

IRINHUMANS.jpg

This Gorilla City episode is... fine so far, but the obvious green screen in the arena scene was so bad. Woof.

Looking for something on tv. BvS is on. Just watched Diana Prince get off a flight. She walked right off with her carry ons. How, exactly, did she get her sword through TSA. #topnotchemployees

Strong work by Agents of SHIELD tonight.

It's a shame ABC cancelled Agent Carter to put Hayley Atwell on that show that already got cancelled. I hate these long AOS breaks.

They did a good job balancing Mxy + 3 love stories.

Hopefully we'll see more of Mxyzptlk in future episodes. He was a fun character.

He reminds me a lot of Marvel's Impossible Man. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that one influenced the other.

I was on vacation last week so I'm a bit behind in my superhero viewing but the more I see of the fat man in Legion, the more I agree with the Mojo theory.

However, Mojoverse exists to put heroes in situations for entertainment purposes and I don't quite see how that would translate to what's going on in the "real" world.

It seems like Legion is in a universe similar to the traditional X-Universe in which classic characters are manifest in different ways. Sydney is clearly Rogue. Jean Smart and Bill Irwin are both Prof X. Summerland is the Xavier School.

So this could be a Mojo type character who plays a different role in this Legion-verse.

unrelated question: how fucked up was it when Scott Summers' powers manifested for the first time

Back