• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBSSports.com Top 100 College Bball Players

Fredette was a chucker, he was also a 2nd rate player because he had no other skill aside from making 40% of his shots. Those two are not mutually exclusive.

Comparing Fredette to Durant is literally one of the dumbest arguments I have EVER seen made on these boards.

Look at the numbers and what their teams accomplished. Then go suck a dick because you're wrong.

You're off by 5% on Fredette's shooting.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I'm reading that a fucking national player of the year was a second rate chucker.

Durant's a much better pro and only played one year in college, but in that one year when you compared his numbers and what his team did to that of BYU and Fredette, there's not a big difference.

It's hard for there to be a big difference between Fredette's senior year and anybody, because he was so good. There are not many guys that have ever averaged 29 a game as a guard and shot 45% in a multi-bid league.

Look at the numbers and what their teams accomplished. Then go suck a dick because you're wrong.

You're off by 5% on Fredette's shooting.

Jesus Christ I can't believe I'm reading that a fucking national player of the year was a second rate chucker.

Durant's a much better pro and only played one year in college, but in that one year when you compared his numbers and what his team did to that of BYU and Fredette, there's not a big difference.

It's hard for there to be a big difference between Fredette's senior year and anybody, because he was so good. There are not many guys that have ever averaged 29 a game as a guard and shot 45% in a multi-bid league.

I guessed a number honestly.

The fact that a freshman Kevin Durant played better than a senior Jimmer Fredette says a lot in my book.

Your only argument is that he played so well despite being a guard, which I obviously cannot argue against because Durant is not a guard.

I don't know how you can say that he is not a chucker though, where did I say 2nd rate chucker??? I only said 2nd rate player...which I believe he is...

bca63b15d66a49c986b56b2a510368d6.jpg

I guessed a number honestly.

The fact that a freshman Kevin Durant played better than a senior Jimmer Fredette says a lot in my book.

Your only argument is that he played so well despite being a guard, which I obviously cannot argue against because Durant is not a guard.

I don't know how you can say that he is not a chucker though, where did I say 2nd rate chucker???

Literally like 15 minutes ago fuckwad. Jesus Christ.

Sorry I insist on using the positional designations that have been used in the game for decades.

Position or not, Fredette still had one helluva year.

I think you're looking at potential, as is obvious by your FR vs. SR comment.

Durant was better as a frosh than Jimmer was a senior.

Jesus fucking Christ who's the fucking contrarian? Holy shit.

I posted the stats, they speak for themselves. Obviously doofus hasn't read the fucking thread because he pulled a number out of his ass when I already posted the actual numbers.

This is pointless. It's impossible to argue with idiots. The numbers are what they are.

Fredette was the NABC national player of the year. That's coaches, of basketball, professional ones even, saying he was the best in the country. They don't do that for just anyone.

Durant was better as a frosh than Jimmer was a senior.

I'm pretty sure I've never argued different.

What I originally said that got everyone's panties on fire is that Durant was a little better.

Jesus fucking Christ who's the fucking contrarian? Holy shit.

I posted the stats, they speak for themselves. Obviously doofus hasn't read the fucking thread because he pulled a number out of his ass when I already posted the actual numbers.

This is pointless. It's impossible to argue with idiots. The numbers are what they are.

Fredette was the NABC national player of the year. That's coaches, of basketball, professional ones even, saying he was the best in the country. They don't do that for just anyone.

Durant didn't average 26 points and 11 rebounds a game in a far tougher conference, or win that very same award or anything...

I'm pretty sure I've never argued different.

What I originally said that got everyone's panties on fire is that Durant was a little better.

He was MUCH better. He was basically unguardable and was a good defender. Jimmer could only shoot.

This is stupid. I don't know why I'm arguing with any of you. You are clearly all inferiors.

Even though BYU made it further in the tournament than a more talented Texas, and even though Fredette put up comparable scoring numbers (obviously a 6-3 shooting guard is not going to average 11 rebounds a game, find me one that has), even saying Durant was a little better is an insult.

Hell, you could make the case that Fredette was better. He did what his team needed him to do, did it well and his team was better than Durant's despite being far less talented.

I'm not even going that far. I'm not even saying they were equal.

And that's not good enough for you mouth breathers.

Whatever, I no longer care. Wallow in your ignorance.

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think."

My point, not that it shouldn't have been obvious, is that stars don't mean that much.

Arizona and Kansas fans don't agree on much, but pretty sure they can agree that Jeff Withey is not very good, and I don't think his 5 star rating will do much to dissuade.

I can't believe you bothered to look all those up.

I think you would argue with a brick wall about how many bricks you think it contains

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is stupid. I don't know why I'm arguing with any of you. You are clearly all inferiors.

Even though BYU made it further in the tournament than a more talented Texas, and even though Fredette put up comparable scoring numbers (obviously a 6-3 shooting guard is not going to average 11 rebounds a game, find me one that has), even saying Durant was a little better is an insult.

Hell, you could make the case that Fredette was better. He did what his team needed him to do, did it well and his team was better than Durant's despite being far less talented.

I'm not even going that far. I'm not even saying they were equal.

And that's not good enough for you mouth breathers.

Whatever, I no longer care. Wallow in your ignorance.

"You can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think."

kanhoji,

we have received a nmber of complaints about your posts in recent weeks and its posts like this that are caung the largest number of problems. please try to be respectful and not resort to insults. we dont like to ban users but we dont want to see this place get too nasty either!

Thomas Robinson - 5*
Naadir Tharpe - 4*
Connor Teahan - 3*
Jeff Withey - 5*
Tyshawn Taylor - 4*
Elijah Johnson - 4*
Travis Releford - 4*
Jamari Taylor - 3*
---------------------------
Plus McLemore who checks in at 4* and the rest of the roster, which probably could beat ours next year.

Come on. This is like when people said that Duke sucked because their players sucked despite the fact that they were all four and five stars.

Just for the sake of accuracy, Traylor is another partial qualifier who is ineligible for this season(along with McLemore), Withey does suck, and I had no idea Teahan was a 3-star rated recruit; he actually walked-on to the team.

I didn't bring up the 8 recruited scholarship players to feel sorry for Kansas, but more as a team that everyone should realize upfront is probably very overrated, as the team they were expecting is not the team that will be starting.

How does BYU making it further in the tournament prove anything re: Durant and Jimmer? They beat Wofford and Gonzaga before predictably losing to a High Major school, BFD. Meanwhile, Texas lost to a USC team with 3 future NBA players, 2 first round picks. Going further in the tournament, especially when it is Sweet 16 vs. Round of 32, means absolutely NOTHING when comparing specific players because the tournament is generally about matchups anyway.

kanhoji,

we have received a nmber of complaints about your posts in recent weeks and its posts like this that are caung the largest number of problems. please try to be respectful and not resort to insults. we dont like to ban users but we dont want to see this place get too nasty either!

You've got to be kidding me. If I reported every post where someone insults me, I'd be a busy person.

You've got to be kidding me. If I reported every post where someone insults me, I'd be a busy person.

Truth of the matter, your antics of recent have caused us quite a bit of headache and work. All we're asking is to have normal discussions and tone down the insults.

Truth of the matter, your antics of recent have caused us quite a bit of headache and work. All we're asking is to have normal discussions and tone down the insults.

Oh Christ. Look at some of the negreps I get. Look at the tags, looks at the posts.

I am the target of insults as or more often than I dish them out. And I dish them out because people are being ridiculous, making a specific point to argue with me just because it's me, and ignoring all logic or evidence.

This thread is a perfect example.

How does BYU making it further in the tournament prove anything re: Durant and Jimmer? They beat Wofford and Gonzaga before predictably losing to a High Major school, BFD. Meanwhile, Texas lost to a USC team with 3 future NBA players, 2 first round picks. Going further in the tournament, especially when it is Sweet 16 vs. Round of 32, means absolutely NOTHING when comparing specific players because the tournament is generally about matchups anyway.

First time I've ever heard of USC being favorably compared with Gonzaga in basketball over the last decade or so. Something new every day on this board, someone stretches a little further every day to try to argue a point of mine.

You probably also thought Durant played in a better league than Fredette, judging from this "high major school" baloney. Not according to the RPIs from the respective seasons.

Last edited:
Back