• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charleston Dining/Attractions

Tavern and Table is very good and on Shem creek but Bowens seems more your speed.

Bacco is very good, but Obstinate Daughter on Sullivan's has good Italian and good seafood

I'll continue to pimp Leon's every chance I get. Good options for seafood / non-seafood.

Bowens is great for a sunset and fried food but not worth 45 min / hour drive from IoP. Not a fan of anything on Shem Creek. Do Obstinate Daughter and walk the beach afterwards instead.

Checking out McCradys Tavern this weekend.

Texas over Carolina? Just curious.

There's nothing particularly "Carolina" about Hometeam, it's just a fun place. It's like A more local Jim N Nicks. Lewis has a very good vinegar based pulled pork.

Are you really going to drive from IOP to the Peninsula for most of your meals? Obstinate Daughter on Sullivan's is great. And if you're going to Lewis's, don't you want brisket?

I'm biased, but a good cheap spot for breakfast or lunch on the Peninsula away from the touristy stuff is Queen St Grocery - http://queenstreetgrocerycafe.com/

Are you really going to drive from IOP to the Peninsula for most of your meals? Obstinate Daughter on Sullivan's is great. And if you're going to Lewis's, don't you want brisket?

I'm biased, but a good cheap spot for breakfast or lunch on the Peninsula away from the touristy stuff is Queen St Grocery - http://queenstreetgrocerycafe.com/

I'm sure we'll go to Obstinate Daughter and Poe's. But aren't there only about 5 restaurants on Sullivan's and IOP?

I'm sure we'll go to Obstinate Daughter and Poe's. But aren't there only about 5 restaurants on Sullivan's and IOP?

Yes - not many options, but the drive to Peninsula is 30 mins or so. Don't know if you want to do that everyday. Hometeam is on Sullivan's as well. Have heard good things about Long Island Cafe - Biff's bro in law (former poster) speaks highly.

Yes - not many options, but the drive to Peninsula is 30 mins or so. Don't know if you want to do that everyday. Hometeam is on Sullivan's as well. Have heard good things about Long Island Cafe - Biff's bro in law (former poster) speaks highly.

I'm amazed that Biff has a bro in law and that he also posted on the Boards.

I'm sure we'll make a few meals at home. Hit Sullivan's for a few meals and then head into town for others.
Red Drum and Bacco are both closer but at that point, why not just head into town?

Thoughts on Pearlz, Hank's, or Coast?

Hanks is upscale / fine dining and the other two are casual. I always had good meals there and usually recommend to people.

I never went to Coast much - food was always above average, but not special.

Pearlz is about the same, albeit more lively and with more oysters. Good oyster shooters though - probably the best in town.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Lewis it is then.

It's just a question of whether you're interested in going into Charleston for BBQ. Lewis is probably better, but Home Team on Sullivans Island is a lot closer. If I were going into town for casual fare, I'd go to Leon's Premium Chicken and Oysters.

It's just a question of whether you're interested in going into Charleston for BBQ. Lewis is probably better, but Home Team on Sullivans Island is a lot closer. If I were going into town for casual fare, I'd go to Leon's Premium Chicken and Oysters.

Much respect to all of you for the suggestions. Any of you play beach volleyball? I saw that Windjammer on IOP is supposed to be a good place to play.

Got reservations for FIG and Edmunds Oast for the EOM. Can't wait to go back to both places

The nature of the portions at Lewis suggests you should split them, so get multiple meats

Unless you can house a lb of brisket

Home Team is so, so meh. The only thing worth a damn is the wings.

I'm so fired up for the new Q joints. I turned into a legitimate BBQ snob during my time in NC.

The nature of the portions at Lewis suggests you should split them, so get multiple meats

Unless you can house a lb of brisket
You are aware that you can order a quarter or half lb and don't have to order the full lb?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back