• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vox article discussing the end of the era for the suit (and points out the term "wine country casual": your move, biff)

what is the dress code at your place of employ?

our office is suuuuuper casual -- jeans, sneakers, t-shirts; boss often wears shorts and flip flops

Vox article discussing the end of the era for the suit (and points out the term "wine country casual": your move, biff)

our office is suuuuuper casual -- jeans, sneakers, t-shirts; boss often wears shorts and flip flops

I actually went to a wine country casual wedding in Sonoma this year.

our office is biz casual trending to casual. I usually wear jeans Wed/Thu-Fri. Sometimes wear a t-shirt on Fridays. I'll wear a blazer in the winter.

Business casual - but some men still wear suits.

No jeans ever, but I've been seeing more polo shirts, especially in the summer.

I've never heard the term Wine Country Casual and I live 2,800 miles from California Wine Country, but if I were told to dress in such a manner I'd be good in:

cotton pants (jean cut), patterned long-sleve shirt, linen sport coat, mocs or loafers

I wear whatever I want to work, but I want to wear khakis and a polo when it's hot, or sometimes nice shorts. Always a collared shirt. Might modify if I'm playing golf in the afternoon.

Khakis, cords, or jeans in the winter. Collared casual dress shirt. Sweater or golf pullover.

tucked in???

I haven't owned a golf shirt polo in probably eight years

We're biz casual, and the only time you see people in a full suit and tie is for board meetings or public functions. I wear a suit a decent amount outside of summer, but I almost never have a tie on. And jeans are pretty standard on Fridays.

Anyone here ever go for the t-shirt under suit look? I personally can't get on board with it.

I just go shirtless on the days that I would have worn a polo

keeps you honest

tucked in???

I haven't owned a golf shirt polo in probably eight years

My shirt is always tucked in at work and on the golf course ?

I have a couple of long-sleeved shirts that I will wear untucked (not those UNTUCKit abonminations) but otherwise long-sleeved shirts are always tucked in.

I always leave t-shirts untucked and polo/golf shirts on the weekends depends on the situation and length of the tail.

Anyone here ever go for the t-shirt under suit look? I personally can't get on board with it.

I think you have to be legit in pretty great shape to pull it off.

Edit: Also was thinking more nice jeans and a blazer than an actual suit.0

our job as capital-m Millennials is to reject your class-based notions of attire and move toward aesthetic freedom such that each person will be judged by the content of their character and not the braids in their belt

My shirt is always tucked in at work and on the golf course ?

I have a couple of long-sleeved shirts that I will wear untucked (not those UNTUCKit abonminations) but otherwise long-sleeved shirts are always tucked in.

I always leave t-shirts untucked and polo/golf shirts on the weekends depends on the situation and length of the tail.

Once you hit 25, polos should always be tucked, right?

I thought Millennials were into athleisure wear.

I think our corporate dress code is technically still “business” but only the olds actually dress that way. I’m hoping that once Goldman did away with the dress code more big financial services firms will get on board with it. Almost none of my #clients or other people I meet with are ever wearing a suit and tie except for true formal occasions. I prefer suit with no tie when dressing up or nice jeans and a blazer for slightly more casual occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back