• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
things have been flipped on their head and the power move now is to be the most underdressed

Once you hit 25, polos should always be tucked, right?

At work ? All the time regardless of age.

In casual situations you need to make sure your polo shirt isn't too big and blousy with a long tail, lest you look like a frumpy idiot. A good fitting polo shirt can be worn untucked and still look neat (but never on a golf course).

at a conference in Indiana last week every dude was wearing a suit or blazer that looked like it came out of Roy Williams' closet

our office went full casual this year

people dress like absolute slobs

my dad worked with engineers and used to say they have the worst fashion among the white collar jobs

I haven't found anything to prove him wrong

I wear polo or oxford shirt and slacks (not explicitly slacks, but non jean pants) M-Th, might wear jeans on Friday....might wear tennis shoes once a month or so.
The only steadfast rule that I've "never" seen broken is men wear pants (i.e. not shorts) and close toed shoes (i.e. not sandals). Every once in a long while you'll see a guy (mostly someone with stroke, not some entry level guy) in shorts, but it's always someone coming in for a short time (i.e. popping in before golf on a day off or something, or coming in for the morning and leaving for vacay straight from work). I did that once, many years ago, and got a comment from our HR person (wasn't sure if it was a polite warning or she was just ribbing me, either way nothing came of it).
Women can wear skirts and open toed shoes, they can pretty much wear anything that's not provocative...which due to the typical female demographic and body type in our office, isn't really an issue.

One of the best things about coaching is all of the under armor and Nike polos with our schools mascot and emblem I’ve accumulated over the years. 3 days a week I just grab one and don’t have to think about what I’m wearing.

Our office I think is business casual. Some folks wear ties but I think they’re just brown nosers. I generally go with the banker bro look most days - some shade of blue button down, dress slacks or khakis and dress shoes. Simple and no mental effort. Kind of like how Steve Jobs wore the same thing every day. Sometimes jeans. Never suits. My polos mostly don’t fit well anymore so I rarely wear them and am too cheap to buy new ones.

I wear khakis every day - golf shirts in the summer, button-downs in the winter. Loafers.

I either

Work from home (most days): Mesh shorts and a dri-fit shirt (office and gym in basement, so I workout during the day when it’s slow).

Travel (2-3 days a week): Full suit... no tie.

The middle ground of my wardrobe gets no run these days. It’s weird.

I think our corporate dress code is technically still “business” but only the olds actually dress that way. I’m hoping that once Goldman did away with the dress code more big financial services firms will get on board with it. Almost none of my #clients or other people I meet with are ever wearing a suit and tie except for true formal occasions. I prefer suit with no tie when dressing up or nice jeans and a blazer for slightly more casual occasions.

I either

Work from home (most days): Mesh shorts and a dri-fit shirt (office and gym in basement, so I workout during the day when it’s slow).

Travel (2-3 days a week): Full suit... no tie.

The middle ground of my wardrobe gets no run these days. It’s weird.

We get it, man. Your life is better than ours.

Have been lucky to work places where jeans have been acceptable for the past 10 years. No one cares how the accountants dress

Is it odd that I find a good pair of slacks to be more comfortable than jeans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back