• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 123: Best Managed CT Ever. Thanks Rubbins! Hops PM Rubbins Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the "woe is rtq" tags shouldn't show up until I've whined about something. my last posts (not on this thread) were about besting a marathon I didn't care about and things maybe possibly looking up on the boy front. now this post is whiney so the tags are now suitable.

You dudes bitching about bunting in kickball clearly don't like strategy or things that can help you win a game.

It's rec league kickball, not national league baseball :laugh:

Hey guys so we're playing in this fun co-ed league where we all get drinks afterwards! However in order to win our games I'm gonna need half of you to forsake the reason you showed up, which is the kick the shit out of a ball, and instead try to lay down a dribbler off your right foot!

Doesn't that sound like a great way to spend one or two of the few hours you have on Wednesday that isn't at work?

Hey guys so we're playing in this fun co-ed league where we all get drinks afterwards! However in order to win our games I'm gonna need half of you to forsake the reason you showed up, which is the kick the shit out of a ball, and instead try to lay down a dribbler off your right foot!

Doesn't that sound like a great way to spend one or two of the few hours you have on Wednesday that isn't at work?

I'm not even saying that you have to kick the shit out of it, a well placed grounder is fine as well. Bunting is just stupid. Have some self respect.

We play on pretty small fields tbh, so a grounder most of the time is going to be an out unless you can hit one of the (very few) gaps. On a full sized baseball diamond or something I can see where bunting would be stupid/makes more sense to outlaw it.

I mean it sounds like you guys would rather not have girls on your teams to begin with, which I am fine with, but if there have to be girls like me who are bad at sports, you'd rather me get out by popping the ball up to the third baseman instead of bunting to get on base and advance the runners?

We play on pretty small fields tbh, so a grounder most of the time is going to be an out unless you can hit one of the (very few) gaps. On a full sized baseball diamond or something I can see where bunting would be stupid/makes more sense to outlaw it.

oh yeah, our fields are huge

I mean it sounds like you guys would rather not have girls on your teams to begin with, which I am fine with, but if there have to be girls like me who are bad at sports, you'd rather me get out by popping the ball up to the third baseman instead of bunting to get on base and advance the runners?

In my admittedly limited experience, allowing vs banning bunting doesn't really affect the scoring

why aren't you good at hitting yet?

i just see our catcher picking it up and pegging the person as they go down the 1st base line

At the end of the day is just a bunch of adults playing KICKBALL. So no, I'd actually probably enjoy playing it with girls, than not. Because once again its KICKBALL and like I said earlier, there's the chance that you might be able to hook up with one of them in the future. Its also a great way to build social capital and have fun.

But since its KICKBALL I'm not sure that I'd enjoy playing in a league where bunting is scene as a necessity to winning. I'm sure it is a strategic advantage, however if you just don't allow it, then everyone has more fun. And RTQ you could do a thousand other things besides bunt or pop up to 3rd. Attempting to do fun and crazy shit by kicking a giant red ball is the fun of KICKBALL.

why aren't you good at hitting yet?

like I said, I'm bad at sports. weak, uncoordinated, slow, take your pick.

edit to add, I keep offering cookout and ipity the chance to have me not play since I'm not really an asset but they keep playing me because it is supposed to be fun so even poor kickers such as myself get a chance to play.

I mean, there's no bunting in softball. Most girls just end up grounding out to the pitcher or something. But we still have a ton of fun because BEER.

I mean, there's no bunting in softball. Most girls just end up grounding out to the pitcher or something. But we still have a ton of fun because BEER.

lol i watched an a-league game, those dudes are roided up

like I said, I'm bad at sports. weak, uncoordinated, slow, take your pick.

edit to add, I keep offering cookout and ipity the chance to have me not play since I'm not really an asset but they keep playing me because it is supposed to be fun so even poor kickers such as myself get a chance to play.

i just figured since you've been playing for a while you have gotten the hang of it

no I can't keep the ball low and whenever I make good contact with the ball it hurts my ankles.

lol i watched an a-league game, those dudes are roided up

Every so often my beer league guys get a team together to compete in a national tournament and us jokers hang with them and they get soooo pissed off because we aren't taking it seriously at all. It feels so good to keep those assholes in check sometimes.

As much as I'd love to pile on RTQ here, she may be on to something. As soon as I started getting serious about running, my overall athletic ability in team sports (basketball, soccer, softball, etc) went down. I think the wear and tear of long distance running, not to mention the way that you train specific muscles, probably hurts your overall ability to play other sports. I'm definitely much quicker running in a straight line, however I think my lateral quickness has dropped a little. Not to mention that some part of your leg or foot is pretty much always injured due to running, so playing sports involving kicking probably doesn't help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back