• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 153: Fall weather = pumpkins & Homecoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually all the great ones have to go it alone (See Skywalker, Luke and Potter, Harry)

New coach/program/team for the Ironman?

yep. new coach/team.
i'm truly stoked for the new coach, she's pretty awesome (we had a pre-meeting and she tracked me this past weekend, and was seemingly wayyy more excited about my performance than my current guy), and the new team is just more long-course focused. it'll be nice to know i've got people to do long rides with, as well as lots of teammates out on course with me for encouragement. there are ~20 from new team already signed up for IM Canada next year.
still really difficult.

What are some good trivia places in Winston? We used to go to Old Staley's but they went kaput. Stopped going to Foothills because their trivia took three hours. Maybe it's better now?

I play at Foothills every Tuesday and it goes a lot faster than it used to. 9am start is pretty punctual and if you get your check around round 4 you should be out by 10:45 latest. Cookout is right that the sound system is shoddy though. Otherwise though, cookout, were yo there on Thursday? It has never started that late or taken that long in my 4+years of weekly attendance.

I play at Foothills every Tuesday and it goes a lot faster than it used to. 9am start is pretty punctual and if you get your check around round 4 you should be out by 10:45 latest. Cookout is right that the sound system is shoddy though. Otherwise though, cookout, were yo there on Thursday? It has never started that late or taken that long in my 4+years of weekly attendance.

This was two Thursdays ago. It was awful. We couldn't hear over half the questions, the repeats came half a second after he asked the question, he mumbled the questions, we started way too late, etc. Just turrible. We wanted to hit up Small Batch before they closed so we peaced out after the third round iirc.

I think Tuesday nights are way way better in my experience. Different person announcing plus more of a trivia crowd I guess?

Just had a top 5 meal. Silly. Foie gras was a top 2 or 3 dish I've ever had. Nick Elmi can cook. He came out and served us our cheese dish dessert and asked about our meal. Werd.

Just had a top 5 meal. Silly. Foie gras was a top 2 or 3 dish I've ever had. Nick Elmi can cook. He came out and served us our cheese dish dessert and asked about our meal. Werd.

Awesome, he was always one of my favorites on TC.

I grilled bratwursts at my home. #middleclassier

GF's bday is today. I still need to get a gift but have some ideas. Got up and made her breakfast and I'm sending flowers and chocolate to her office because we all know how that goes and then a nice dinner tonight.

That reminds me. 15th anniversary is tomorrow. I have flowers coming to her office today (so she has an extra day to enjoy them before the weekend). But, tomorrow, nothing special. Kid has soccer practice...

We are going to New Orleans in October though for the anniversary.

6767fd1b8304ad5b594cf9fd6d95198f.jpg

I'll be in Philthy in a month or so. What is this place you speak of?

And I added 3 to my top 5 two weeks ago, and 5 to my top 10. I'm still waiting for the disease of kings to take effect.

That reminds me. 15th anniversary is tomorrow. I have flowers coming to her office today (so she has an extra day to enjoy them before the weekend). But, tomorrow, nothing special. Kid has soccer practice...

We are going to New Orleans in October though for the anniversary.

I've got #21 coming up in October. Asked the wife what she wanted to do. She tells me about the trip we're taking to NYC in a couple of weeks. I remind her that we're taking the kids with us. She rebuts that we have one night out without them. Looks like we'll be having dinner out here in town with a babysitter one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back