• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 163: ficticious childhood achievements discussed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't freak out el chupe but i'm an amateur lawyer and there's probably jail time in your future

i think my buddy's bro lives across the street from you. i think it was a set up

MAN, beautiful day here in ATX (i.e. NO SNOW DAY TOMORROW). Got up at 8 to watch my hammers, back to sleep for an hour. Sat in the sun on the porch for another hour or so. Now have all the windows in the house open, ate my first tacos of the day, and might crack open a beer soon. Might do some work. Maybe.

We used HR Block last year because my wife is employed by a foreign govt so they don't take taxes out of her paycheck so that complicates things. So we pay quarterly to the IRS and DC govt. she's gets these awesomely fat paycheck each month which is effectively her salary divided by 12 but a lot goes into a special account just for taxes.

so can someone explain to me the circumstances under which you'd order a pizza using the voice recognition software vs. just picking the pizza on the app? if I want to use my voice to order a pizza that will get screwed up, i'll just call the store.

yeah my bad, my typing has been awful lately

but trust/estate stuff i wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole on my own, same goes for any ownership interests in pass-through entities (basically when you own a legal entity and you pay taxes directly for your personal interest in that entity vs. the entity paying its own taxes like you'd think most companies would do)

it looks like jessica chastain is trying too hard to act in a most violent year

MAN, beautiful day here in ATX (i.e. NO SNOW DAY TOMORROW). Got up at 8 to watch my hammers, back to sleep for an hour. Sat in the sun on the porch for another hour or so. Now have all the windows in the house open, ate my first tacos of the day, and might crack open a beer soon. Might do some work. Maybe.

Same here in HTX. 66 and sunny, so we took el pero on two long walks (once around the bayou), and then wifey had to do some work for a couple hours. So I went to the local, had a few brews, and watched the Thunder/Cavs game.

Have the windows open now, about to make some white bean/italian sausage stew.

Same here in HTX. 66 and sunny, so we took el pero on two long walks (once around the bayou), and then wifey had to do some work for a couple hours. So I went to the local, had a few brews, and watched the Thunder/Cavs game.

Have the windows open now, about to make some white bean/italian sausage stew.

Bad ass. I'll probably be dog-sitting my parents' dog for a week or so a the beginning of february. Going to have to get some significant work done, but we'll have to do some drinking.

Bad ass. I'll probably be dog-sitting my parents' dog for a week or so a the beginning of february. Going to have to get some significant work done, but we'll have to do some drinking.

YUP.

I'm visiting Philly on President's Day weekend (which happens to comprise Valentine's Day, sorry Townie/K$, oops), but I'll be around otherwise.

I also want to take a weekend and visit ATX.

You're not inconveniencing us in the least - we don't celebrate that nonsense. The only thing we hadn't really considered until today was getting into restaurants may be more difficult than the average weekend, or else we may just have more prix fixe than traditional menus. Anyway we'll probably look to try to get into Alla Spina or something similar.

Don't use H&R block. They screwed me over really badly in the past and offered zero help to remedy their fuck up.

Turbo tax is good. I would say the threshold for hiring somebody is what buckets said in respect to pass through entities. Any time you're running your own business you need a tax guy to properly depreciate shit.

And if you're going to hire somebody and they're only charging $110 then either do them yourself or hire an actual professional that commands more than that price.

You're not inconveniencing us in the least - we don't celebrate that nonsense. The only thing we hadn't really considered until today was getting into restaurants may be more difficult than the average weekend, or else we may just have more prix fixe than traditional menus. Anyway we'll probably look to try to get into Alla Spina or something similar.

Yeah we don't do V-day either. I completely forgot about it.

Don't worry too much about the resty's. Like, let's try to get one reservation for that weekend, and not stress about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back