• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 166: Siberian Weather Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brasky - if townie ever again challenges your superiority in all things sports knowledge i'd just reference the latest doozy on the NBA thread

He didn't know that was Craig Ehlo? It's only a top 5 iconic moment from our childhood. Yeah I thing this battle of the wits is over.

Brasky, to answer your question on the last CT, I've got about 108 lbs to lose total. Started out at 328, and my zero percent fat weight is 212. I'd like to get somewhere around 220-225 without losing muscle.

For my one solid meal tonight, Im making Trapanese. Its steak, chicken, shrimp stir fry with green peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Still hits below my 300 calorie serving size.

How'd you determine that? Did they do a submersion test? Sounds like you have a Björnsson body underneath!

well tsy all i can say is if i lost 50 lbs you can lose 100 easy

How'd you determine that? Did they do a submersion test? Sounds like you have a Björnsson body underneath!
The submission testing is the most accurate, but the clinic I went to hooked electrodes to my wrists and ankles, then passed a current through my body. The impedance calculated that I had 33% body fat, and from there I took my weight and calculated my zero fat weight. Surprisingly, most people in the program have between 45 and 50 % body fat.

Chat Thread 166: Townie uses big words

Brasky, to answer your question on the last CT, I've got about 108 lbs to lose total. Started out at 328, and my zero percent fat weight is 212. I'd like to get somewhere around 220-225 without losing muscle.

For my one solid meal tonight, Im making Trapanese. Its steak, chicken, shrimp stir fry with green peppers, mushrooms, and onions. Still hits below my 300 calorie serving size.

Nice! I started at 285 and got down to 185, lightest being 175. But that was like doofus twin skinny. Not a good look for me.

But I did it over time. Lost 40-30-20-10, or something close to that, over four springs. Could never do much more then maintain my weight in the fall bc of football and beers and Thanksgiving and stuff.

After I got down to my (now) comfortable 185-190 range I started taking up running in order to maintain bc I got sick of meaningless cardio and lifting. However after a half marathon on Sunday, I'm now about to sign up for CROSSFIT two days a week. Gonna play soccer the two other days, then mix in some running and swimming and biking to train for a Rookie Tri with some friends. The point being that bc of my weight loss I have so many options.

Losing that weight was the most gratifying and important thing I've ever done. It improves your life in an infinite amount ways. Dude it's AMAZING how much easier something as simple as breathing becomes.

If you ever have any questions or need any support let me know. I couldn't be happier for you and your soon-to-be new and improved life.

He didn't know that was Craig Ehlo? It's only a top 5 iconic moment from our childhood. Yeah I thing this battle of the wits is over.

I couldnt have told ya the dudes name but i knew it wasnt larry fucking bird

our childhood? you really remember that? you were what, 3?

I really want/need to lose like 25-30. Motivation is hard when it's so goddamn cold out.

i mean it's definitely something to be embarrassed about SPROTS wise but it was before my time so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

our childhood? you really remember that? you were what, 3?

Don't remember it live but it was only in a thousand fucking commercials

Step your game up homie. That's some kindergarten level sports knowledge.

Don't remember it live but it was only in a thousand fucking commercials

Step your game up homie

i have said repeatedly my "knowledge" is about how the game is played, not facts about who did what

i'm turrrrible at sports trivia, talked about it last chat thread

I really want/need to lose like 25-30. Motivation is hard when it's so goddamn cold out.

a8f656ff2e807892bad489c1c8ed1b2c.jpg

I'm so glad I scheduled the pup for two walks today, maybe I'll return home to a (slightly) tired puppy and can avoid hanging out outside in the park for too long. Too cold for that.

Weight loss won't ever be worth anything without a complete lifestyle change. When tsy said he lost all that weight so quickly, I was wondering how healthy that is since it's mostly water weight, as he said. Just eat lean cuts of meat, lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, eat small meals all day, drink lots of tea and water, and move around a little. Some strength training will lead to lean muscle mass and help with metabolism. Bike to work, walk and take the stairs every goddamn time you can, season the shit out of bland but healthy foods, and smoke weed instead of drinking during the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back