• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You keep a pair of scissors in your car?

You don't?

I do make my wife carry one of those safety hammers in her car that will smash glass and cut seat belts. She needs all the help she can get.

I don't think I'm ever thirty seconds away from a pair of scissors in my daily life.

that's what I said.

we actually had to go through a knife safety course at work recently because people on the factory floor use them a lot, and people use box cutters and shit in the office for, like, box cutting. according to our rules, pocketknives of any kind are banned, and you're supposed to use knives with self-retracting blades. they handed out these ceramic blade things after which I've only ever used to open packages. I have never needed a knife for anything else at work.

at home I got all kinds of stuff.

and when out and about? never needed one.

Yeah. Though he was actively trying to convince someone else to stay the night too. It was weird and awkward, though not surprising.

Like aiming for a threesome? Or just ensuring a backup if the main target decided not to stay?

I'm so intrigued by this situation.

luls

it has nothing to do with following rules or being a paranoid beta

much like the practicality of carrying a knife, you're being impractical if you carry one when you're going to places frequently where there's a risk of it getting confiscated

so now i just keep one in my car and take one when i'll likely need it like camping or fishing or hiking

sucks cuz i like to BE PREPARED but it is what it is

i'd say you're paranoid if you specifically avoid carrying it because you might be confronted about a tiny pocket knife.

i'll boards-bet you $50 you could carry a knife around every day for a month and not have it confiscated, excepting the job because i don't want you to get in trouble or whatever. but if you think that's a cop out, we can leave that caveat out.

ITC I think this debate is more about opportunity cost than paranoia.

i'd say you're paranoid if you specifically avoid carrying it because you might be confronted about a tiny pocket knife.

i'll boards-bet you $50 you could carry a knife around every day for a month and not have it confiscated, excepting the job because i don't want you to get in trouble or whatever. but if you think that's a cop out, we can leave that caveat out.

I mean you just posted or at least suggested that you carry around a pocket knife that's $150-200, seems like you should be paranoid about randomly losing something to confiscation worth that much, especially if you rarely need it. If you're talking about carrying around a cheap piece of shit then what's the point, it won't be much better than a key.

what kind of knife are y'all arguing about here? A small, yet legit knife, like say this

images

or just a swiss army knife that goes on your keychain

swiss-army-classic.jpg

If the latter, I've had one on my keychain for 20 years and the only place I've ever had to be cognizant of it is the airport (so I either put it in my checked bag or leave it in my car - but even when I leave it in my carry-on, I've only had it confiscated once). I can even get into my wife's office with it and the DC courthouse, both of which have metal detectors.

"Yeah, and I wear pants everyday because I might be confronted about not doing so !

If you don't carry it to your job five days a week, what's the point ? He doesn't carry it with him because he knows he's going to be confronted about it."

I mean you just posted or at least suggested that you carry around a pocket knife that's $150-200, seems like you should be paranoid about randomly losing something to confiscation worth that much, especially if you rarely need it. If you're talking about carrying around a cheap piece of shit then what's the point, it won't be much better than a key.

you'd think i'd be, but again, ive never been confronted about my pocket knife and i've carried it 365 days for the past 4-5 years in the US and abroad.

Like aiming for a threesome? Or just ensuring a backup if the main target decided not to stay?

I'm so intrigued by this situation.

I don't think he intended on hooking up last night with the OG until there was no other option. I haven't confirmed anything thus far today, so I'm not sure. But he was defs working hard to have the primary target not leave the house.

I don't think he intended on hooking up last night with the OG until there was no other option. I haven't confirmed anything thus far today, so I'm not sure. But he was defs working hard to have the primary target not leave the house.

"Like, by locking her up ?"

you'd think i'd be, but again, ive never been confronted about my pocket knife and i've carried it 365 days for the past 4-5 years in the US and abroad.

Do you live in a city? I seem to recall that you at least used to live out in the middle of nowhere.

Still waiting on common occurrences/tasks that having the knife on your person helps you with, or are YOU just paranoid you might need it for self defense or something?

Do you live in a city? I seem to recall that you at least used to live out in the middle of nowhere.

Still waiting on common occurrences/tasks that having the knife on your person helps you with, or are YOU just paranoid you might need it for self defense or something?

i definitely don't carry it for self defense. that would be paranoia for reals

dude i would bet you $5000 because i'm going to a sixers game over xmas and they straight up confiscate knives there

i'm really not sure what you aren't getting about this

what kind of knife are y'all arguing about here? A small, yet legit knife, like say this

If the latter, I've had one on my keychain for 20 years and the only place I've ever had to be cognizant of it is the airport (so I either put it in my checked bag or leave it in my car - but even when I leave it in my carry-on, I've only had it confiscated once). I can even get into my wife's office with it and the DC courthouse, both of which have metal detectors.

for me, i'm talking about a buck knife

TWdeac got me one as a groomsman gift that replaced an older, bigger one i had

"Might eat lunch at Panera Bread today. If I weren't so paranoid, I'd take a pocket knife !

Am I doing it right ?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back