• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool, so you put your tiny pocket knife and keys in the bowl and move on with your life

so many betas

this is fucking asinine dude

they confiscated a butter knife out of my lunch box when i came here to interview

you're the out of touch one

:noidea:

live your life the way you want dude. i'm sure you follow all the rules everywhere you go all the time

"My dad walked 20 minutes back to the car at The Masters once to put away his little pocket knife. True story."

i mean it could just be that philly is full of lunatic sports fans and there's a very good reason these things are banned

that may not be the norm, but it's not beta nonsense

i like carrying a knife but don't want it to be confiscated

ITT ITC country boy tries to explain why you're a beta if you don't feel the need to carry around a knife all the time or don't want to because places in big cities actually care about security and will take that shit from you

"I mean, if cargo pants looked good and everyone wasn't about to confiscate my pocket knife, I'd probably carry one. But neither one of those things is actually the case."

"Which makes me wonder if lbE carries a pocket knife in her fanny pack."

ITT ITC country boy tries to explain why you're a beta if you don't feel the need to carry around a knife all the time or don't want to because places in big cities actually care about security and will take that shit from you

yeah, and how does it feel?

It's not like we're talking about this:

CrocodileDundee-Thatsaknifescene-8x6.jpg

yeah, and how does it feel?

It's not like we're talking about this:

CrocodileDundee-Thatsaknifescene-8x6.jpg

can you give me a list of 5 things you use said knife for on a weekly basis?

I just don't see the amount of utility outweighing the inconvenience (one more thing to keep in my pockets and keep track of, in addition to worrying about security/other concerns). I take a knife with me when I'm camping/fishing/etc, but just don't know why it'd be worth it to daily carry one unless you just live in the country and are doing country things all day.

luls

it has nothing to do with following rules or being a paranoid beta

much like the practicality of carrying a knife, you're being impractical if you carry one when you're going to places frequently where there's a risk of it getting confiscated

so now i just keep one in my car and take one when i'll likely need it like camping or fishing or hiking

sucks cuz i like to BE PREPARED but it is what it is

I don't think I'm ever thirty seconds away from a pair of scissors in my daily life.

I feel like this is going to get glossed over in the knife chatter.

Same dude and chick?

Yeah. Though he was actively trying to convince someone else to stay the night too. It was weird and awkward, though not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back