• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's everybody cooking for the holiday weekend?

I'm thinking tuna steaks and some sort of side for Christmas Eve dinner, leaning towards risotto and pan seared jumbo scallops on Sunday

I'm thinking tuna steaks and some sort of side for Christmas Eve dinner, leaning towards risotto and pan seared jumbo scallops on Sunday

We're having Christmas with friends tomorrow. They're bringing brussles sprouts and another side. My wife is heating up a ham. I'm making 2 kinds of biscotti.

On Sunday, my mom's cooking everything.

I was thinking baked ziti at some point, maybe christmas eve

oh yeah also doing breakfast on Sunday but that's usually just sausage and scrambled eggs and whatnot. basic stuff but good

oh yeah also doing breakfast on Sunday but that's usually just sausage and scrambled eggs and whatnot. basic stuff but good

Was going to make cinnamon rolls on Sunday, but I'm thinking about going back to the good ole monkey bread. Cinnamon rolls have a long proof, so it makes the day more difficult. Gotta go to mom and dad's around lunchtime.

uwRakue.jpg

DeacInVermont; said:
We woke up to the smoke detector going off at 5am. My mother-in-law had gotten up to bake the homemade sticky buns for breakfast and some of the topping must have dripped off and burned. We could forget about the girl going back to sleep after that.

This is our Christmas morning tradition. For Christmas eve day, we host a "swing by at your leisure" buffet that will have all sorts of things like fondue, cookies, meatballs, and I'm making ribs this year.

We are making a turkey, stuffing, brussels sprouts, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes...

Probably doing cinnamon rolls for breakfast

Doing mussels for Christmas Eve (my kids' choice, they freaking LOVE mussels)

Doing crockpot sweet and sour meatballs for boxing day.

I don't get my kids until 12/26, so mrs. diggler and I will sleep late, watch movies, basketball, and football, and cook an Indian feast. (The kids don't like indian food, and it's the one day a year that we have time to actually cook indian food the right way.)

buffet for family or family and friends?

Neighbors, friends... Our only family nearby is my mother-in-law (the Black Widow). Her next victim is joining us. My family doesn't like coming up for Christmas because it is too cold for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back