• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504.3.14: Chat Thread you better take care if I find you've been creepin' 'round my back stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One nice thing about working for the school system is you’re definitely going to have some time off

Obviously it’s pretty fucked for any normal person but going to have to deal with it for 3 reasons:

1) It’s a meeting with a significant prospective client.
2) It was coordinated by our IB team who doesn’t believe in the weakness of holidays.
3) Half of the participants are in Europe so they obviously don’t care.
I've found that Europeans very much do care if you schedule something during their holidays, but many of them just assume that the Americans will call in whether they are off or not.

I've found that Europeans very much do care if you schedule something during their holidays, but many of them just assume that the Americans will call in whether they are off or not.

Yeah the key guy organizing this is in Switzerland and in the email regarding his availability said he had time on Thursday but “wasn’t sure” if others would be able to join. Um I think you’re actually quite sure that we won’t. Even the investment banking people have families they need to pretend to care about 2-3x a year.

Those are pretty nice. How long have y’all been engaged? Seems like wedding planning is flying by if you’ve already got RSVPs coming in.
Since late june. With roughly 100 attendees coming from the UK, we really needed to get the save the dates out so they can get travel figured out so at that point we went them to everybody.

Also we looked at multiple venues that did not have any availability next summer so we have been on top of getting things done out of fear of not having what we want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back