• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504 (Annotated): Today is...where your chat begins. The rest is still unwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookout out here with Palma levels of disdain for his fellow man
i mean, its more that no one is fucking aware of society around them and is so self-involved they don't realize or think about when they're just inconveniencing others, so it's actually the OPPOSITE, i hate people that don't think about anyone but themselves

my main beef with the grocery delivery/pickup apps is that it seems like a classic example of a race to the bottom

and now i gotta go to the grocery store with a bunch of people staring at their phones and bumping into everything now
yeah tbf, there are probably better solutions out there, this is a poor workaround for now

my wife is actually my instacart shopper because she can handle it, i'm just not built right for that errand/chore

Started the Queen's Gambit last night and it's excellent so far. Definitely drives anxious feelings though - a testament to the production and storytelling. Watching this on the heels of cranking through The Bear may be poor for mental health! My wife enjoyed The Bear but did note that the episode where it's one long shot in the kitchen dealing with setup to open in a restaurant was a little too close to home and had serious PTSD potential for people working in restaurants. The bright side there is several folks have commented since it came out that "wow the industry is far more stressful than I thought" which has led to some people being kinder consumers

I enjoy going to the grocery store because its fun thinking about like just going to absolute town on the candy isle and rolling up with like 24ct boxes of butterfingers

Started the Queen's Gambit last night and it's excellent so far. Definitely drives anxious feelings though - a testament to the production and storytelling. Watching this on the heels of cranking through The Bear may be poor for mental health! My wife enjoyed The Bear but did note that the episode where it's one long shot in the kitchen dealing with setup to open in a restaurant was a little too close to home and had serious PTSD potential for people working in restaurants. The bright side there is several folks have commented since it came out that "wow the industry is far more stressful than I thought" which has led to some people being kinder consumers
god damn that episode was glorious though, just TENSION the whole way through, heart pumping adrenaline

I enjoy going to the grocery store because its fun thinking about like just going to absolute town on the candy isle and rolling up with like 24ct boxes of butterfingers
if I do have to go, perchance, I will usually justify purchases like this because of it

You know when I get Costco gas? When I go to Costco. Also the line is only 15 minutes for the folks who either don't realize or refuse to use the hose extension that allows you to fill up a driver side tank from a passenger side pump.

yeah I like grocery shopping. also helpful when you have a meal/recipe in mind and they're out of stuff to reconfigure what you're gonna do.

I like going grocery shopping. Imperfect foods is for me the best kind of grocery delivery option because you get what you pick and can actually meal plan reliably compared to shitty instacart. But my ideal scenario is farmers market Saturday and grocery store Sunday for the following week. I enjoy the time and find it valuable, hand picking my food.

Re Costco gas

Those lines in nova are terrible but when we make a run I always volunteer to "wait for gas" as it helps me avoid time inside.

My linkedin feed is just non-stop posts about getting laid of from Big Tech companies and I'm finding myself at the end of my sympathy for these folks given the severance packages I'm reading about...SalesForce for example gave a minimum of 5 or 6 months salary. All these people with Google/Amazon/SalesForce are going to be fine. Take your severance and start working your network like the rest of us </rant>

god damn that episode was glorious though, just TENSION the whole way through, heart pumping adrenaline
I enjoyed it. Inspired me to pickup Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential off the shelf which I somehow haven't read. Halfway through that and it's also great.

My linkedin feed is just non-stop posts about getting laid of from Big Tech companies and I'm finding myself at the end of my sympathy for these folks given the severance packages I'm reading about...SalesForce for example gave a minimum of 5 or 6 months salary. Like, all these people with Google/Amazon/SalesForce are going to be fine. Take you severance and start working your network like the rest of us </rant>
Yeah because if they're any good (or even average to above average) there are still plenty of tech companies looking for talent too, so they'll have no problems finding another gig.

designed that way
i don't mind knowing that i'm playing into their hands because i'm generally after like spinach and onions

the one that gets me though is costco with the electronics by the front and the big savings signs, etc. -- i'm very aware of the manipulation and i can feel my impulse to buy ramp up in real time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back