• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 70 - If two married Clemson grads get a divorce, are they still cousins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is funny to read the difference between things wfudkn complains about vs. texas/doofus in the last few posts

3 hour company lunches with alcohol and froyo are the bestttttt.

but now i gotta do work #wompwahhhh

#firstworldproblems

There's some chick who keeps asking what the difference between burden of production and persuasion is.

15767532.jpg

I don't really hate any of my coworkers (some are mildly irritating or a pain in the ass, but nothing too bad), but on a typical day I can avoid speaking to anyone if I so choose, so that's nice.

Do any of you have a professional nemesis? There is a practice group team in a firm that I deal with a lot due to the somewhat unique nature of the transactions that we both do that is definitely mine. I have worked across the table from countless firms, and this one is the only one that consistently makes me crazy. Every member of the team is snarky, rude, generally unpleasant people, and they try and throw us under the bus every chance they get (I think it's a culture things that flows down from the top - the team letter is a grade-a asshat). And what really kills me is that they do shit work. They are so careless and create so many unnecessary issues, and then they turn around and blame us for having to spend extra time fixing their fuckups. They are all horrible people, and this one bitch I'm dealing with right now needs to fucking DIAF.

/rant

yeah, except i have to do work with her.

Do any of you have a professional nemesis? There is a practice group team in a firm that I deal with a lot due to the somewhat unique nature of the transactions that we both do that is definitely mine. I have worked across the table from countless firms, and this one is the only one that consistently makes me crazy. Every member of the team is snarky, rude, generally unpleasant people, and they try and throw us under the bus every chance they get (I think it's a culture things that flows down from the top - the team letter is a grade-a asshat). And what really kills me is that they do shit work. They are so careless and create so many unnecessary issues, and then they turn around and blame us for having to spend extra time fixing their fuckups. They are all horrible people, and this one bitch I'm dealing with right now needs to fucking DIAF.

/rant

Not so much right now. The first project I was working on with my current employer was a substantial development contract that involved a number of different contractors. I replaced a guy that worked for another contractor who had moved to a QA team, but stayed on the project. After that, anytime we remotely touched QA, or started to rework things he had been involved in it was nothing but resistance and hurt feelings. The guy was such a fucking pain to work with. Thankfully I moved on to other work.

Fuck. Our library has a bunch of these Eero Saarinen "womb" chairs. I just fell asleep in one for a while, woke up, and now have marks on my face where I was sleeping.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back