• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 72: the saga of iCheat, her betrothed, and the Apple Genius (start at 62)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I left for work my cats were on my bed. When I got home they had moved like three inches. Nice life.

Well your humble narrator just got pwned by some tool rockstar and my favorite lady is engaged.

Just got my tix to see the new Bond movie on IMAX this weekend.

Who would have thought... Rogaine works on your face

Rogaine 5% will stimulate any and all target hair follicles.

Do not make the assumption that painting the solution on in the shape of a perfect beard is going to only stimulate hair growth in that pattern. "IF" the follicles are present the capillaries which circulate blood near the surface of the skin on your face will carry the Minoxidil to other adjacent locations. "IF" you have hair follicles up higher on your cheeks these will be stimulated as well. Maybe the stimulation will be a little less, but if they are present they are going to receive some of the effect of the drug.

I am heavily bearded and my facial hair grows up high on my cheeks. This is a GOOD thing surprisingly. What this allows me to do with my own beard is to trim in such a manner as to create a very definite "edge". When I was a great deal younger and before my beard filled in in this manner, it looked no where near as good as it does now. If your desire is a good looking full beard being able to trim and edge in this manner is virtually a requirement. There are ways to compensate some in grooming, but, having the hair there makes it a great deal easier.

Think of it this way. You can always shave something off and re-shape. You can't groom and re-shape what isn't there!
When it comes to grooming my beard I have found that the more hair the better. I literally use a clipper set to just under a half inch in length and go over my entire face with this every couple of days. I then initially shape the "edges" with the clipper minus the "guard" and then touch them up with a safety razor. The whole process now takes me about 10 minutes from beginning to end. When I had less hair it took me longer because I had to compensate for my (if you'll pardon the pun) "shortcomings".

To put it with a sense of humor, enbrace and welcome every active follicle. The more facial hair you have the more variety in grooming styles are open to you, the faster it is to groom and the less time you'll spend at it.

Even with an extra 5% my facial hair will look like shit. We're just more evolved TW.

I love Republicans, I talk about the fx markets on a few radio shows each week but today I can't call in and explain why Obama isn't a financial disaster.

Someone just microwaved fucking fishsticks in my office. Fishsticks.

images

Perfect use of this picture. I just LOL'ed for a good 10 minutes (at least it felt like that).

When it comes to beards, I'm a lot better off than folks like TW.... but I wish I could grow a full beard like I can grow a 'stache. Too bad the mustache got a 5 year head start on my beard.

How's everyones mustache going?

Pretty good, trimming the beard back tomorrow to distinguish it some more than it already is.

My GF tells me how terrible my beard looks daily.

In her defense, it looks absolutely horrid. I'm hoping that the longer I let it grow, the better it will look, but I'm starting to despair.

:bowrofl: just keep it up TW. I expect pictures.

HTTDs beard is lookin sexyyyy. I wish Octobeard was every month.

Of course HTTD can grow a sexy beard. He's a natural.

Who would have thought... Rogaine works on your face

It seems like the worst side effect is your face getting really dry.

Worst side effect is over-stimulation (testosterone increase) for other follicles on your body. So you'd start growing some back hair and shit that you might not have before.

It's weird actually, near my scar on my right arm (where they shaved the arm) the hair is growing back darker and longer than it is on the other arm. That fucking accident.

When it comes to beards, I'm a lot better off than folks like TW.... but I wish I could grow a full beard like I can grow a 'stache. Too bad the mustache got a 5 year head start on my beard.

Yep, I've already got comments on "the 'stache'" before I'm even really fully into that territory (haven't shaved the beard yet) just because that portion is growing so much faster.

My decision to be a lifelong batchelor sucks at times.

Why did you decide that?

I will say sometimes you just meet someone who changes your mind about everything you thought you believed in wrt that. That sounds pretty dumb, I know, but it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back