• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tigerswood

Per the release, the 7-year deal begins in 2023 and runs through the 2029-30 campaign. CBS will air a Big Ten game in its traditional 3:30 p.m. ET time slot starting in 2024, after its contract with the SEC expires. CBS also gains rights to the broadcast of the Big Ten Championship Game in 2024 and 2028.

the_rock_commander_anderson.jpeg

DR is such a sad man. His “flexes” are honestly embarrasing.

The Dunkin spiked teas seem like they would make sense but I’m confused about the iced coffees. Like…is that supposed to be a breakfast drink? Or an afternoon pick me up when you’re already drinking/ready to start drinking? Both?

dont' miss out on this if you, like me, do not frequent the sports board:

DR, you are a nobody. You haven’t tried a case in years. You had a chance to be somebody in the law, but you blew it by never being in your office and running from trials. No elite NC lawyers respect you. Even your partners think you are a joke as they work their asses off while you travel the US by yourself counting basketball arenas and golf courses you have visited. And you are a nothing at WFU. You give $5k to the Deacon club and act like you are connected to the real WF donors and fans. And the image you try to portray as an owner of hotels and real estate is hilarious. You are a slum lord in Greensboro and own one brick of a hotel in Clemson, SC. Your condo in NMB isn’t worth $150k. So like I said, fuck you.

The Dunkin spiked teas seem like they would make sense but I’m confused about the iced coffees. Like…is that supposed to be a breakfast drink? Or an afternoon pick me up when you’re already drinking/ready to start drinking? Both?
Seems like they should just go full Boston and call it an Irish Coffee

and i have no doubt DR is a slum lord

I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. He absolutely fits the profile and those are the type of people that brag relentlessly about their real estate “investment portfolio”.

That was truly an incredible piece of work by 22 though.

I just picture 22 stomping around in a serious huff over this Tier 2 law school thing. Full on temper tantrum over it. Probably pissing off everyone in his orbit because he won't shut up about it.

And it makes me giggle

@Donkey Deac Doug in response to this
I know this; I can directly point to about a dozen regulations that prevented me from taking advantage of lower interest rates when trying to build my most recent home.

People are all like, "waaaaaaahhhh home prices are too high," but then they wanna regulate the shit out of everything to the point where the only way it makes sense to build a house is if (A) you're a giant track home builder who can afford to develop 100 acres at a time (thus substantially lowering the cost/regulatory burden ratio), or (B) a SFH builder in an ultra-wealthy place like Pinehurst where you're building 5,000 sq. ft. mega homes at $250/sq. ft. wholesale and turning around and selling that bitch for $2.5 million cash.

Like, fuck me, right?”

My response to this is generally that your abilities to do these things yourself is anecdotal, and there are logical reasons why communities decide that people who do these tasks need to be credentialed, to help insure that it’s done correctly or to standard every time. Unfortunately it’s difficult to carve out exceptions for the self capable like yourself, because those exceptions will just be taken advantage of by the cheap attempting to cut corners.

Regarding building and development regulations in general, yes it’s true that many regulatory efforts are in competition with all-out development efforts, and discourage development. This is very often because even the regulatory efforts are corrupted or steered by business interests, which in turn harms lower income people the most.

Secondarily, it’s very much in doubt that there is a real market solution to the affordable housing crisis, and there simply isn’t good faith that a deregulatory movement would change that. At the end of the day, home builders are trying to make a profit, and true affordable housing construction doesn’t offer the profit margins.

Is there a profession that ranks each other and compares themselves to each other more than lawyers? Feels like it would be a exhausting to constantly think/worry about whether I'm professionally succeeding more than my peers.

One a big strong MAN the other an effete GIRLY man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back