• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Be Well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tailgated with a Mizzou alum coworker last year whose husband went to Wake. So they have a house divided flag at their tailgates that actually came in handy at the end of the season.

It’s truly insane. I always assumed it’s just an outright display of wealth but would definitely be curious to meet this person. Like even driving it around has to be such a huge pain in the ass because you can barely take it anywhere.

Yeah, I assume you have to go slow as hell over any bumps to avoid bottoming out. You're constantly looking over your shoulder for carjackers. Cops are waiting for you to got 0-100 in 2.9 seconds from a stoplight. People who may be genuinely interested in the car are probably weirdos, or maybe carjackers.

Can you elaborate? I'm genuinely curious.
Spouses of members of the DoD have specific job boards where they get preferential treatment (The Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership) they can get their education paid for, Childcare assistance, heck even the State Bar of Texas even allows DOD spouses to waive into the Bar with a lot less hassle than anyone else. DOD family members even get to keep their phone numbers when posted overseas by putting their plans on hold.

All of these are benefits that are not given to State Department Spouses and their families. Why? Because it's a smaller community and doesn't have the vocal lobby. People think of Dips are upper crust types, who don't need assistance, which isn't true, and even though Dips are stationed in the same dangerous locations as DOD members, they just aren't wearing a uniform, so they aren't as visible.

Look at this site, https://www.whitehouse.gov/joiningforces/ . It would be just as beneficial to members of the State Department as it is to DOD but State isn't eligible. Sometimes the most well-off person at the Embassy is the MSG Spouse.

State Department does none of that for their employees, and worse we can't even access the programs that other people get. We are the forgotten members of US Service, even though we are the Foreign Service.

Spouses of members of the DoD have specific job boards where they get preferential treatment (The Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership) they can get their education paid for, Childcare assistance, heck even the State Bar of Texas even allows DOD spouses to waive into the Bar with a lot less hassle than anyone else. DOD family members even get to keep their phone numbers when posted overseas by putting their plans on hold.

All of these are benefits that are not given to State Department Spouses and their families. Why? Because it's a smaller community and doesn't have the vocal lobby. People think of Dips are upper crust types, who don't need assistance, which isn't true, and even though Dips are stationed in the same dangerous locations as DOD members, they just aren't wearing a uniform, so they aren't as visible.

Look at this site, https://www.whitehouse.gov/joiningforces/ . It would be just as beneficial to members of the State Department as it is to DOD but State isn't eligible. Sometimes the most well-off person at the Embassy is the MSG Spouse.

State Department does none of that for their employees, and worse we can't even access the programs that other people get. We are the forgotten members of US Service, even though we are the Foreign Service.
Thanks for explaining....maybe this is your calling - you seem pretty passionate about this issue!

I weighed in at 229 at like 5am this morning for the first time since college. I've been working super hard on it; down from 245.

Great boost to my mood right up until I skipped breakfast because my 9:30 got moved up to 8:45 and then starvation gorged eating McDonalds (for like the first time in 2023). I really don't like McD's, but it and slowjangles are the only two "fast" options in Yancyville where I was at. I like the D even less while I'm feeling it slowly sliding out of every pore in my body. It's like being covered in slime.

I weighed in at 229 at like 5am this morning for the first time since college. I've been working super hard on it; down from 245.

Great boost to my mood right up until I skipped breakfast because my 9:30 got moved up to 8:45 and then starvation gorged eating McDonalds (for like the first time in 2023). I really don't like McD's, but it and slowjangles are the only two "fast" options in Yancyville where I was at. I like the D even less while I'm feeling it slowly sliding out of every pore in my body. It's like being covered in slime.
Awesome! I'm down almost 32 lbs since June 5th. Feels fucking fantastic! Definitely a mood boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back