• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't edit my post. Don't know how/why I quoted JuiceCrew's post with mako's.

I'm not sure I even remember how to access the old board at this point

WTF!

I briefly considered maybe everybody got raptured and I got left behind. Then in a nanosecond and for several reasons…nah.

Hope everyone’s OK.

I visit 247 and OGB daily. 247 has become more active and more informative than the OGB sports forum. My first stop. The Pit and the Tunnels on OGB are interesting diversions. Always good for a laugh.

lol man, I'm sorry, one can do a quick comparison of views and post counts to realize that isn't true at all

Les is a great reporter, but the forums software they have SUCKS (even compared to our 10 year old vbulletin) and you won't find any paywall'ed posts here thank god, I don't know how people read posts on that board..

Of course now I fully expect new software to be jarring out of the box design-wise and take me a few weeks to tweak to our liking

Of course now I fully expect new software to be jarring out of the box design-wise and take me a few weeks to tweak to our liking

Will the new software auto embed YouTube videos or tweets or will we still need to do the silly brackets

Will the new software auto embed YouTube videos or tweets or will we still need to do the silly brackets

I am like 99% sure the embed functionality will improve, yes. If it isn't that way out of the box I'll have access to modern/maintained plugins again too.

I think we'll also get some nifty stuff available like @ messaging.

lol man, I'm sorry, one can do a quick comparison of views and post counts to realize that isn't true at all

Les is a great reporter, but the forums software they have SUCKS (even compared to our 10 year old vbulletin) and you won't find any paywall'ed posts here thank god, I don't know how people read posts on that board..

I mean, I occasionally venture over to the sports board to chat especially on the game threads but mostly I'm just here to hang out with you idiots.

I pride ourselves on the fact that no matter what, you will never open a thread on our forums and be met with paywalled POSTS (from regular ol' posters like you and me)
tLdkzdY.png

anyway, i'm gonna go take a nap, slept like 2 hours last night because kid kept waking up from teething + maybe being sick, got a covid booster scheduled this afternoon and then on-call tonight + working on figuring out how to get ogboards migrated as smoothly as possible

will chat more l8r

I found it.

We should blacklist every poster there that also spends time here. Down with them!

There is an OGBoards twitter account, that would have been a nice place for updates during what I am now going to refer to as THE DOWN TIME.

Also, I appreciate posters who have the same twitter name as their board handle, so I can recognize them.

I did sign up for Les's site because he was advertising 75% off. Seemed like something worth doing but not for the board. Does Conor's site offer discounts like that?

There is an OGBoards twitter account, that would have been a nice place for updates during what I am now going to refer to as THE DOWN TIME.

Also, I appreciate posters who have the same twitter name as their board handle, so I can recognize them.

Thanks Conor, and thanks for the helpful twitter messaging around the latest outage!

One day I'll figure out who runs the ogboards twitter account and attempt to assume control :dumb: (I suspect DV7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back