• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CCLXV: DDD takes a lover

Status
Not open for further replies.
this talk of getting a new iphone on drop day has me thinking of which new tech i've been early on and I'm coming up with nothing

Got luck on the Best Buy website and got my son a PS5 shortly after they came out. That's about it.

Also had a laser pointer.

See if you can get them delivered. In my area Apple partners with Door Dash for same day delivery.

Been married since before the rise of dating apps, so I assume it's just smash time when you make a connection in destination mode? Do you get more matches? Weirder women?
Standards and self respect generally go out the window. Absolute smash time.

Actually met a couple lasting friends over the last handful of years that way.

Yeah. I don't blame them. It's a process/company problem and employees just have to deal with more shit because it's bad.

I just can't fathom what's so difficult about using technology to manage reservations/time-slots (without overbooking) and then force other people schedule on future days. If you're going to make me book a time at 10:30 (because 8am-10:15 all taken), then I expect that I'll actually be able to reasonably pick it up if I come in that time frame.
It's almost like they want there to be a line!

i have my first colonoscopy next month. not looking forward to that.

Getting an MRI is one of society's worst regular experiences

How is the experience of getting a colonoscopy? I feel like biff talks about this often.
I'm claustrophobic, so MRIs suck on a good day.

Getting a colonoscopy is no big deal. You don't even know that they stuck a camera the size of a drinking straw up your butt, but they have video evidence from the inside of your butthole.

Preparing for a colonoscopy is pure hell.

I'm claustrophobic, so MRIs suck on a good day.
Do you go for the Ativan?

I've had patients that have had to be completely sedated to get an MRI, which they only do at one hospital in the system so it always involved a transfer which was annoying

depends on what you're getting scanned, if it's a knee or something your head isn't going in. and if you're having your brain scanned, you'll be real claustrophobic.

I didn't have much issue getting an MRI, but I wasn't in a shit ton of discomfort at the time, which I feel like is a bad combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back