• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CIX -- It comes after five. (I am proud to be a Demon Deacon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. It's expensive and not environmentally irresponsible. We have plastic cups at our water cooler, but nobody really uses them because they're not big enough to actually hydrate with.

wait i thought it was straight legal there you have to make up a reason why?

no it is, but i'm saying gramps could be using recreationally, but more likely he's using it in service of some condition. it really is a miracle drug for glaucoma.

office workers - do you use disposable coffee and water cups each day, or do you have your own mugs and glasses?

I have a travel mug for my tea, and a big Tervis tumbler for water. I know I'm going to be drinking both each day and don't want to use and throw away so many paper and plastic cups. But I have a bunch of coworkers who use throw-away cups every day for the coffee they know they'll always be drinking. Then they get up in arms when we run out of cups (the office does have a problem keeping kitchen supplies in stock).

sounds like your dept should buy all its employees water bottles. you'd save $ pretty quickly if people actually used them.

i have a coffee cup that i brought in (and we have a dishwasher that we can wash all the cups with every night) and a solo cup for water that i've been washing/reusing for a while now.

Apparently the drug from Limitless isn't too crazy of an idea. I read somewhere that something of the sort is very possible in the future. (Not to the extent of the movie, but still possible)

rtq's comment brings up an interesting question:

what does time warner actually do with all the money they steal from us?

Apparently the drug from Limitless isn't too crazy of an idea. I read somewhere that something of the sort is very possible in the future. (Not to the extent of the movie, but still possible)

so basically everyone is going to be on this drug

i hope it doesn't happen, because there won't be a chat thread.

man, the etymology of the word "breakfast" is DOPE. from now on i'm gonna announce to everyone "I SHALL NOW BREAK MY NIGHTLY FAST" whenever i'm eating a bagel or whatever.

rtq's comment brings up an interesting question:

what does time warner actually do with all the money they steal from us?

they pay bill cowher and victor cruz obv

coachshoot_bts71.jpg

man, the etymology of the word "breakfast" is DOPE. from now on i'm gonna announce to everyone "I SHALL NOW BREAK MY NIGHTLY FAST" whenever i'm eating a bagel or whatever.

i'm sure that will go over well in the city of brotherly love

Our office mugs are tiny so sometimes I use the styrofoam cups. However, a few weeks ago I brought in one of my own mugs and just put it in the dishwasher.

Of course, a lot of mornings I bring coffee from home and I have disposable to go cups.

LOTR was on TV this weekend, and I caught a bit of the last two and forgot how badly they messed up with Denethor, Faramir, and Arwen.

I use a water bottle all day erry day but we also have at least 25 mugs/cups in the cabinet.

On my way to work I drive under a train bridge (the one on Aycock between Spring Garden & Lee). This morning there was a bit of a backup because a truck tried to drive under it and didn't quite fit under it. And there was a train going over it. Really hope that thing doesn't collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back