• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread CIX -- It comes after five. (I am proud to be a Demon Deacon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really big presentation today you guys. Wish me luck. Some bigshots in my division finna be there.

someone brought in these pretzels with lime, cilantro, thai chili, and cinnamon. ZOMG.

Some people did bring in extra ceramic mugs from home, but we don't have a dishwasher (they keep talking about it - we've been in this office like 2 years now) and someone will use it, put it in the sink, and it never gets washed.

There are always stray dishes in the sink. Who just leaves dirty stuff? I did once wash the whole sink worth (I wash my dishes daily and there was no space left for me to do so) but almost threw up because some of the dishes had molded to the sink and the stench was incredible.

I think those of us who are willing to care for our reusable dishes and cups have already brought them in, and use them. I think the only way to stop other people from using paper cups is to stop buying them altogether, which frankly I wouldn't mind.

Admittedly, I do sometimes use and throw away a plastic spoon or paper plate. Usually the plate is used as a splatter guard if I'm heating something up in the microwave.

i use the plastic forks/spoons (but reuse them several times before tossing them), but i use a klean kanteen for my water, and a travel mug for my coffee (the travel mug is mostly for the functionality. if i use a disposable cup or regular coffee mug, it gets cold too fast). i also have a big coffee mug that i make my oatmeal in every day. i don't know why i don't use a bowl, but the cup has served me well.

we don't have solo cups or other plastic cups. we use styrofoam. so i really try to avoid using it ever. i hate how bad styrofoam is.

I don't like drinking coffee out of styrofoam. I feel like I can see all the chemicals melting and creating a film on the coffee and then going into my body and giving me teh aids

One day, as protest, you should bring some gasoline in and make napalm with the styrofoam and write a message on the floor that says HEY THINK ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT MORANS or something along those lines.

on the other hand I enjoy drinking sweet tea out of bojangles or chic fil a styrofoam cups. back when I had access to those great institutions.

agreed on the other comments so far that yall just need to stop supplying people with the disposable stuff. it's fiscally and environmentally irresponsible, especially given that you work in an office full of adults who are fully capable of maintaining their own dishes. as for the lack of dishwasher and inability for people to wash their ish, that's just lazy of them. someone should enforce a strict 'tough love' rule: if it sits overnight, it gets donated.

i've got a bowl, mug, water bottle, and coffee travel cup (as well as a fork and a spoon) that live at work.

One day, as protest, you should bring some gasoline in and make napalm with the styrofoam and write a message on the floor that says HEY THINK ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT MORANS or something along those lines.

there is an ad agency that works with some of our local clients called The Moran Group, and every time I see it, I think of that MORANS sign.

agreed on the other comments so far that yall just need to stop supplying people with the disposable stuff. it's fiscally and environmentally irresponsible, especially given that you work in an office full of adults who are fully capable of maintaining their own dishes. as for the lack of dishwasher and inability for people to wash their ish, that's just lazy of them. someone should enforce a strict 'tough love' rule: if it sits overnight, it gets donated.

i've got a bowl, mug, water bottle, and coffee travel cup (as well as a fork and a spoon) that live at work.

one challenge is that we share the kitchen with News 14 and they have 24 hour staffing. While everyone should be fully capable of washing their stuff every day (and immediately after using), if something is in the sink in the morning, it could have been put there at like 3am and left to soak or something.

office workers - do you use disposable coffee and water cups each day, or do you have your own mugs and glasses?

I have a travel mug for my tea, and a big Tervis tumbler for water. I know I'm going to be drinking both each day and don't want to use and throw away so many paper and plastic cups. But I have a bunch of coworkers who use throw-away cups every day for the coffee they know they'll always be drinking. Then they get up in arms when we run out of cups (the office does have a problem keeping kitchen supplies in stock).

I cycle through three tervis tumblers for water: Capitals, Redskins, and vintage Demon Deacon.

I use a large Marauder's Map mug for coffee and tea.

we just have dishes in the office and a dishwasher, and we each take turns unloading the dishwasher (usually one day a month per person). the water glasses are basically beer pint glasses, normal sized coffee mugs, a couple sizes of plates and bowls too.

Ugh third wheel alert. I emailed a group of friends about a hash run and beer festival in Beech Mountain, and it seems one couple are the only ones interested in going. They are a touchy-feely couple. I'm often the only single person in the larger group, but most of the couples aren't nearly so handsy as this one. I'm a fair bit less excited about the event now.

I can't find a golf thread but the Scottish open was pretty boss yesterday. Beautiful breathtaking views and Phil wins the playoff with a sick chip after choking on 18 in regulation. Would love to play that course one day.

new girl just started, named Sadie. i expected her to be at least 100 years old, but she's younger than me. awesome. we have a mabel and a sadie, both in their early-mid twenties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back