• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread DCCV: cookout (thinks he) KILLED the SUPERLIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, getting grace would be a reduction in short term expectations based on the need to take some time off due to the medical event.

Being told to take time off, with the implicit expectation that you still have to hit the same numbers, isn't really being given anything. At best, it's just making your life harder later
If it's me, when an employee mentions seizures and stress, it's best to get HR involved. That's enough to be put on notice of a potential disability and request for an accommodation. HR may want to send EAP info (if his company has that), and reach out to see if the employee wants a leave or other accommodation as a CYA. I deal with lots of employees who game the system (when they are not performing well and know it) to try to set the company up for a failure to accommodate lawsuit or try to get a paid STD leave - not saying that is the case here, but as soon as an employee raised a medical issue like this, best to get HR involved. Also, if this person is saying that job stress is what caused the seizure, then workers comp comes into play as well. I would not just sit on it.

I wish making the number was enough though, because there's always that pressure to just absolute crush the goals. Then when you do that thought goals go up and you have to work even harder.
You’re going to turn this into a CrossFit reference aren’t you

I wish making the number was enough though, because there's always that pressure to just absolute crush the goals. Then when you do that thought goals go up and you have to work even harder.
Success tax.
Yep. Most places have accelerators...so you earn X% more over 100%. Last company i was at once you hit 100% you got 3x commission on everything over 100%.

If it's me, when an employee mentions seizures and stress, it's best to get HR involved. That's enough to be put on notice of a potential disability and request for an accommodation. HR may want to send EAP info (if his company has that), and reach out to see if the employee wants a leave or other accommodation as a CYA. I deal with lots of employees who game the system (when they are not performing well and know it) to try to set the company up for a failure to accommodate lawsuit or try to get a paid STD leave - not saying that is the case here, but as soon as an employee raised a medical issue like this, best to get HR involved. Also, if this person is saying that job stress is what caused the seizure, then workers comp comes into play as well. I would not just sit on it.
yeah that's sort of where i am right now. I told him we would talk tomorrow to discuss further. I let him know if he wants to discuss with HR how to do so.

I do like how this started as Windy basically saying "I am socially awkward when people tell me about personal problems at work..." and then we learn that his employee had a fucking seizure and was asking about how to manage his apparently serious health problem in the face of job expectations.

To me, getting grace would be a reduction in short term expectations based on the need to take some time off due to the medical event.

Being told to take time off, with the implicit expectation that you still have to hit the same numbers, isn't really being given anything. At best, it's just making your life harder later
Tbf, it's not like the guy is being blindsided by the expectation, hence him immediately asking Windy what that means for his quota. People in sales know what the rules of the game are. There's a reason why the comp can be high and the roles high churn.

And to be fair to Windy here, if his people aren't hitting their numbers he has to answer for that and is accountable too.

But yeah sounds like the guy def should go on medical leave, especially since he's brought up a health condition

Tbf, it's not like the guy is being blindsided by the expectation, hence him immediately asking Windy what that means for his quota. People in sales know what the rules of the game are. There's a reason why the comp can be high and the roles high churn.

And to be fair to Windy here, if his people aren't hitting their numbers he has to answer for that and is accountable too.
even if he goes on leave i am responsible for his number. I don't get relief for that due to an employee taking leave.

I am not a fan of how this company assigns quotas anyway. it's a mess...everyone with the same job title has the exact same quota, regardless of number of accounts you have etc. And they just capped my entire team at 125% of plan for comp with no accelerators. it's an ugly environment right now

even if he goes on leave i am responsible for his number. I don't get relief for that due to an employee taking leave.

I am not a fan of how this company assigns quotas anyway. it's a mess...everyone with the same job title has the exact same quota, regardless of number of accounts you have etc. And they just capped my entire team at 125% of plan for comp with no accelerators. it's an ugly environment right now

woof. now it's definitely clear where the issue is. yikes!

Good luck with the other opportunities 🙏

This company is very lenient to employees. The guy i am putting on plan will have to actively try to not make his performance plan based on what HR let me put together.
And if he doesn't make it he still gets 2 weeks "low performer severance"

It's gonna be 60+ degrees and sunny this afternoon so of course I've got meetings booked from 3-5 😭

Short term disability in NC has a 60 day waiting period, and then 50% compensation. The choice here is either work sick or suddenly go two months without a paycheck

Short term disability in NC has a 60 day waiting period, and then 50% compensation. The choice here is either work sick or suddenly go two months without a paycheck

That’s nuts. Were 7 day waiting period and 60% or so. Its good enough that we don't even offer Short Term disability as a company benefit. When does LTD kick in in NC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back