• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Going To The Mattresses !!! !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I say that as one of the most straight laced dudes on the boards. I've seen first hand the destruction that drugs can wreak on communities - it's horrible. But this is should be a free country.

yeah, treating drugs as a crime problem and not a public health problem tells you a lot about the American justice system and its guiding values

Categorically dumb. Instead of criminalizing possession/distribution, we should criminalize any harm that comes from distribution or use.

I think I'm mostly on board on this, so long as it's coupled with much better funded drug treatment.

I got called twice in Forsyth Co. in NC back in the early 2000s. First time, I got all the way to the selection process. I mentioned I was in a job interview process (which was true) and the judge dissmissed me. Second time, I just sat in the jury pool room with everyone else until we got word that the lawyers decided against doing a jury trial. Got paid AND my job at the time had a "civic duty" benefit where you got paid for jury duty. So, DOUBLE PAID.
Then, I moved to Pittsburgh, PA and later to California. Got called twice in California, but the automated phone number told me I wasn't needed both times. Never got called for duty in PA.

Just a heads up, if any of you ever get called for Federal jury service, fucking do it; it's a way better show than state court.

I have this constitution show on the background, by Douglas Ginsburg, a Reagan fed court appointee who had to withdraw from a shot at a Supreme Court nomination because he admitted to smoking weed (! wtf, so stupid), and it definitely has an "originalist"/conservative slant because of him, but I am finding some common ground on 1st amendment/free speech things and eminent domain things (like, I don't know enough about it, but Kelo v. New London sounds kind of fucked up?) -- anyway, I was def prepared to be pissed off that it was another in the long line of the Koch-backed takeover of public broadcasting (and there is prob some truth there), and I almost got physically ill seeing Kavanaugh on the screen a lot, but it also reminded me how fucked up Democrats/liberals can be with a lot of things. Good times.

Anyway, since we are talking about laws and courts and stuff.

Last edited:
Agree that drugs should be treated as a public health issue. Commit a crime on drugs you don't tack extra time/punishment for a drug charge you require rehab/medical/psych component of treatment.

I've been summoned for jury duty probably eight or nine times never gotten out of the Jury Room usually let home by lunch.

I have this constitution show on the background, by Douglas Ginsburg, a Reagan fed court appointee who had to withdraw from a shot at a Supreme Court nomination because he admitted to smoking weed (! wtf, so stupid), and it definitely has an "originalist"/conservative slant because of him, but I am finding some common ground on 1st amendment/free speech things and eminent domain things (like, I don't know enough about it, but Kelo v. New London sounds kind of fucked up?) -- anyway, I was def prepared to be pissed off that it was another in the long line of the Koch-backed takeover of public broadcasting (and there is prob some truth there), and I almost got physically ill seeing Kavanaugh on the screen a lot, but it also reminded me how fucked up Democrats/liberals can be with a lot of things. Good times.

Anyway, since we are talking about laws and courts and stuff.

Not to be confused with Marty Ginsburg, widely acknowledged as the best tax attorney of all time and only moved to Washington when his wife got a good job there. #taxgeekjokethatMAYBEtwootherpeoplewillget

I explained to them that I was planning my next heist and that I knew a guy who could come visit them.

truly pathetic that you and others on the board continue to take cheap shots at me when i've been nothing but fair to you all this time

any one can clearly see i was referencing the Danny Ocean movie which I have linked to in previous threads

but you don't care about the truth do you...

truly pathetic that you and others on the board continue to take cheap shots at me when i've been nothing but fair to you all this time

any one can clearly see i was referencing the Danny Ocean movie which I have linked to in previous threads

but you don't care about the truth do you...

Talk about cowardly, weakass cheap shots...I have no problem with you ignoring me, but trying to attack me while doing so shows the backbone of a jellyfish...

At least if you are going to do it, be original or the least bit creative. This post shows your ignorance and being afraid of your shadow and probably everything else.

The theme of your life.

Well, Kory takes a note that starts with "I've got a guy" seriously...that's about all you need to know.

I just had a CT scan and for the first time, I had to drink the barium chalk drink.

It's now been about five hours since I drank that stuff. I just took what was easily the most disgusting shit of my life.

One inch of brown paste wholly covering and floating on top of the water with the consistency of wet refried beans. Perfectly smooth except for a rogue chunk here or there.

It left my body at Mach 5. Splash everywhere. Smells of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back