• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread, in which numerous #olds discuss #mattresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like that has to be part of the business model that most folks won't bother dealing with a return.

I know a couple peeps that have done one before, I think salvation army or goodwill just came by and picked it up one day at a scheduled time.

We have a leesa, and I don't loooove it but I also think it's super firm when it's supposed to be a more middle of the road option, so I may be an outlier...

It's between leesa and Casper. I wish there was one of those showrooms somewhere (there was one in pdx recently that had Casper leesa and tuft/needle), but I guess if it's really bad before 100 days we'd just send it back.

You won't be unhappy with a Leesa. Especially if you're used to sleeping on an old school spring mattress.

Who here knew Miss DC? She just won Miss USA.

Mrs. DC was a sex dungeon graduate.

I know a couple peeps that have done one before, I think salvation army or goodwill just came by and picked it up one day at a scheduled time.

We have a leesa, and I don't loooove it but I also think it's super firm when it's supposed to be a more middle of the road option, so I may be an outlier...

So you don't like it, and you just deal with it anyway. That's kind of what I'm getting at.

I saw signs for TN.com on I-4 yesterday. Hadn't heard of Tuft and Needle before that. Clearly going for that hipster mattress vibe. Weird name. I wouldn't want to think of needles when buying a mattress.

Maybe this is better for the Unpopular Opinions thread, but all of those internet "bed in a box" mattresses (including Casper) suck compared to a more traditional innerspring mattress.

Agree that the buying experience at a MattressFirm (or something similar) is annoying, but the quality of a Stearns and Foster or similar mattress is way beyond any kind of foam mattress that you buy online.

Having said all that, I realize that people have different preferences... So do whatever works for you.

Stearns & Foster are amazing mattresses.

I've got one of those Tempurpedic mattress that cost like three grand now and it's great but it can get kind of hot.

First time working from home today.

Robe and slippers, coffee, records. Probs some work from the back porch.

What was life before this

I'm also WFH this morning. Would love to do it more often.

Coffee, paper, and zero distractions. It's nice.

Stearns & Foster are amazing mattresses.

I've got one of those Tempurpedic mattress that cost like three grand now and it's great but it can get kind of hot.

That's why you shouldn't have skimped on the cooling technology. I bet you don't even have the built in massage. Bush league.

First time working from home today.

Robe and slippers, coffee, records. Probs some work from the back porch.

What was life before this

I'm also WFH this morning. Would love to do it more often.

Coffee, paper, and zero distractions. It's nice.

You can drink coffee, read the paper and listen to music at most places of work too. Be tough to pull off slippers tho. Still, enjoy it. WFH is pretty sweet

Last edited:
I went with the coolest one they have.

Fair enough. Are you using that light material comforter? That's been pretty clutch in keeping down the temp for me. I'm not sure what brand it is but it's like a sheet/comforter tweener.

Just regular cotton, but light.

Thing is, when I get in the bed in the winter, the mattress is freezing.

Just regular cotton, but light.

Thing is, when I get in the bed in the winter, the mattress is freezing.

Hmm, I got mine early Spring, so haven't dealt with the super cold weather. Will report back.

Good luck this Summer, man...you'll be in my T's & P's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back