• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Townies become an infinitely better poster as he's neared 30. There's a non-zero chance BKF is right about everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any more bad dreams leebs? i guess it's still nighttime there, we'll find out eventually.

RJ failed to see a joke when it stared him in the face... but let me respond to his demand.

I have worked in an office where the office manager was openly gay and hired like minded people. The other half of the office were former beauty contestant winners. It was an interesting place to work to say the least. At an office get together, the office manager was explaining the merits of his lifestyle choice. As I looked at a former Miss Jamaica and one of his hires standing at the bar, my response to him was to point to the duo at the bar and said simply "the day you can explain why his ass is more appealing to you than hers (which was perfect by the way) then maybe I can begin to understand the gay experience".

The point is the fact that he was gay didn't interfere with my assessment of his work performance. Did I mention they all worked for me? Never once did I think in terms of sexual orientation in relation to getting the job done. Or how my religious beliefs were challenged which again didn't interfere with my business judgment. Oh, the office manager was Jewish and the guy at the bar Muslim, but I am the intolerant one.That being said, I would have hated dismissing someone for not getting the job done and being accused of firing a protected class. On the other hand, I have numerous experience with losing promotions and job opportunities to minorities and women (or the impossible to beat female minority). My only sin was being a highly qualified white male. If I have encountered any discremination in the work force during my lifetime it has been against others like me.

Now, throw in my age and I am in yet another great unprotected class of age discrimination. I guess if I could become gay (how about trans to cover all bases) all of my work place issues would come to an end and I could then piss anywhere I want (to bring things full circle to the theme of the title of this thread. I do wonder if I can now piss on a sidewalk or side of a building in public without getting arrested...guess that is the next legal challenge that awaits us. The law is about aligning bathroom choice with gender identity but shouldn't the absolute dire need to go (I am after all of that age dynamic where you can't hold it like you use to) override the where it is I succumb to internal demands and relieve myself?)

Sorry, this is suppose to be a sports board.

username is just too good

I don't think Palma ever cracks and lashes out when his faux persona is exposed. In his heart he accepts and knows what he really is, and how most of the world sees him.

was galentines made up just this year? or is this a 'thing'?

What's everyone doing for tomorrow?
My plan is to wake up and put my pants on one leg at a time, like I do every morning. Then go to work, because it's Tuesday.
Maybe pizza for dinner.

I know someone already mentioned Galentines is from Parks & Rec, but now that I've watched the whole series, I feel so in the know. Also you should definitely watch it.

Nothing special in my world tonight. Decided to sleep in this morning and push my track workout to tonight, so I'll be running, watching hoops, and maybe going to trivia.

I'm making steak and roasted potatoes for dinner. Pizza for dessert.

At this point, my 2.5 yo has more extensive V-Day plans. They're having a party at daycare with shit tons of junk food and cards.

We probably won't do anything beyond exchanging gifts tomorrow (though I made brownies and put some in Matt's car and one in E's lunch as a surprise).
We usually do one joint Valentine's/my birthday fancy date dinner in Feb.
I got him a taste Carolina gift card this year. http://www.tastecarolina.net/
I think it's totally something we'll love doing and since we can use it in any of their cities, on any weekend, it's flexible, which is great for us.

And it gets you out of Greensboro, even if it's just for a little while.

Making filet au poivre tonight at the kids request. They call them "fire steaks" bc the recipe calls for the Cognac to be burned off. Probably open a nice bottle of wine with dinner and watch the must win Deacs.

“Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta."

Yeah, total mindfuck, but agree with what Juice says about it.

I read it in high school, and don't remember much, but The Death of Ivan Ilyich was a quick little story that was cool, too.

No plans tonight except smack tea and acupuncture. Probs watch the Deacs along with Champs League soccer. I might crank it before bed if I'm feeling particularly romantic.

I filed my taxes yesterday (my highest earning hour of the year). I was surprised to see how relatively small the impact of owning a house was. I guess my mortgage isn't oppressive enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back